Google 2-step Verification

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
I used it for a while and thought it was a pain.

I'm leaning in that direction as well. Having to authenticate at every different machine I use is no fun. Just trying to gauge opinion on whether the benefits outweigh the troubles.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
I've been using it for months. I like the security of it since my google account basically has my whole life.

Once you get through the application specific passwords its ok... if you don't use shared PC's a lot it is fine.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Anybody using this? I'm not sure whether it's worth it or not. Having to enter the application specific password is turning out to be a pain.

2-step verification - Google Apps Help

I've been using it for awhile. It's a minor pain - every month you have to enter a code from each computer, and register each new device - but depending on how much you rely on Google it might be worth it.

By far the biggest security tool I use is Lastpass. It handles all my passwords.

CueTheMusic

Aug 16, 2010
I use google's two step verification and lastpass. I don't think there is much headache involved at all since all the application specific passwords should only really need to be entered once.

Then only times it is a pain is the few times I've reset or changed phones and had to go through setting up the authenticator again.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I use google's two step verification and lastpass. I don't think there is much headache involved at all since all the application specific passwords should only really need to be entered once.

Then only times it is a pain is the few times I've reset or changed phones and had to go through setting up the authenticator again.

You use Lastpass too? Let me ask you a question...is there any way other than cutting and pasting for Lastpass to enter passwords on apps on your phone or tablet?

Does that make sense? Like Lastpass will auto-fill your password on a web site. Can it do that for apps too?