***Official Kansas State Postgame Celebration Thread***

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Great game by everyone today. Really felt this was our best all around game.

Defensively we finally put it together for a full 40 minutes, there was a little lapse at the beginning of the second half, but that is expected on the road.

Scotty, what can you say, great performance. A complete player and a great Cyclone. For those that say he shouldn't go to the hoop, you found out why that is wrong today. He has really improved in his time here, from just a shooter to a complete all around player.

Royce was a monster again after a few tough games. Great job.

Melvin was solid yet again, all over the boards, fought those monsters down there all game.

Babb great defense, if he can ever make a few shots going to be really tough to beat.

Allen was good I thought, just a pretty solid all around game.

Booker and Bubu gave us some good minutes. I don't know why people are so critical of Bubu, he isn't going to come in and score 20 points. But he plays D and attacks. He clearly isn't 100% yet, but we will need him down the stretch.

And...we fought off the refs. If you really think about it that game wasn't as close as the score, some real hometown cooking going on yet again, but that is typical anymore.

K State just has a real hard time matching up with us. They really struggle with Scotty, and then obviously Royce. Which is odd since they matchup so well with Missouri.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Jay williams just said we were a lock for the dance as well...curious what see people think we will be...

I think we'll move up to an 8 seed.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
Lots of crow to be eaten by many of the posters on here early in the 2nd half.

Thats why I tend to avoid the gameday threads. Instead of saying "ejim needs to liven up", or "bubu doesnt seem comfortable yet", you hear stuff like "take their scholarship away!" and "piece of **** bench him!". Just immature internet trolls.

Either way, go cyclones!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Thats why I tend to avoid the gameday threads. Instead of saying "ejim needs to liven up", or "bubu doesnt seem comfortable yet", you hear stuff like "take their scholarship away!" and "piece of **** bench him!". Just immature internet trolls.

Either way, go cyclones!!

This. Far too many people are far too bipolar about this team. One minute this team sucks, the next minute this team would be the best team in the Big 12 if the refs didn't screw them several times this year. And then they excuse their behavior with "Well, I'm just in the moment!" No, you're not in the moment, you're acting like a jack***.

A lot of people would be better served to keep a much more even keel during the game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Awesome win today by everyone! We're dancing for sure now IMO.

Scotty has just been unreal lately for us. I hate to think about life without him now next year.

Royce is Royce... just a monster.

Allen's game has really improved as the season has gone along. Now if Babb can get it back on track, we'd be REALLY dangerous.

Ejim continues to just do all the things necessary for us to win games.

Just a great win, and what made it sweeter was the fact that we gave up the big lead, but didn't give up and still came back and won it. That shows a LOT IMO.

Great job by everyone!

Reactions: JUKEBOX

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Those are fun to watch if you're team isn't involved. I really hope we're not on the wrong end of one of those.

But...it is a nice feeling to know that more than likely we're goin' dancin' for the first time in 7 frakkin' years!

Perhaps my favorite one ever:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQH2UvnHLTE]Northwestern St. shocks Iowa - YouTube[/ame]

I lived with a bunch of Iowa fans at the time and none of them have mentioned the dreaded "H" word to me since.

The other funny thing is I live about 15 miles east of the Palace nowadays.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
403355_10150574571992201_167284897200_9380253_1941031063_n.jpg

Iowa State Men's Basketball
Former ISU teammates Fred Hoiberg and Jacy Holloway talk after the Cyclones' win at K-State. #cyclones

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I would not want to play ISU in the first round.

1.) A couple guards that can come off a screen and just drill a shot in your face with Scotty and Allen. And then Scotty can just pull up and make it from anywhere.

2.) You know whoever your best player is is going to be completely taken out of the game by Babb.

3.) Royce is impossible to matchup with.

4.) Everyone can make the three, and on any given night can be deadly.

5.) Confident group. And people just are not used to what we are going to throw at them. And you can't prepare for it either.

This is EXACTLY the type of team that can get hot and make a run. I am always looking for teams like this that are full of guards but still have decent size as a dark horse team.

Reactions: CloneIce

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, what the hell is that? A 7 seed for KSU? We swept them and will finish higher in the league and we get a 9? I think the discussion now should be whether or not we just put KSU on the bubble.

Nah, KSU is way off the bubble... but I agree we should be seeded equal or higher to them, really it should be higher.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I would not want to play ISU in the first round.

1.) A couple guards that can come off a screen and just drill a shot in your face with Scotty and Allen. And then Scotty can just pull up and make it from anywhere.

2.) You know whoever your best player is is going to be completely taken out of the game by Babb.

3.) Royce is impossible to matchup with.

4.) Everyone can make the three, and on any given night can be deadly.

5.) Confident group. And people just are not used to what we are going to throw at them. And you can't prepare for it either.

This is EXACTLY the type of team that can get hot and make a run. I am always looking for teams like this that are full of guards but still have decent size as a dark horse team.

Great post.... we are a team NOBODY will want to face in the tournament. And great shooting teams often make huge runs in tourney, and White is a unique player difficult to defend and prepare for.

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Of course jerry palm still thinks that we only 'might survive 3 game losing streak' now.

What a *******.