John Walters and Chris Allen

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Im the biggest JW fan, but is it just me or is he awfully negative towards CA today?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You aren't around HERE much on gameday, are you? The fans are negative towards him for a reason - he makes a lot of bad decisions.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Didn't Chris W tell us that CA has a lot of "big games" in him him left this year? WHO ARE WE TO QUESTION?

:jimlad::jimlad:

Last edited:

waynemorgan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2007
Always hits a couple to make us think though........

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Chris Allen has been fine today, not great but not horrible

He's turned the ball over several times, taken numerous bad shots, and let Pledger hit 2 threes by going under screens instead of over them.

I'd say he's playing pretty horrible right now.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Allen is what he is, takes some tough shots, makes some and is one of the best scorer's on the team. I hope Fred can get in his head and help him become a great player, but thats a lot to expect, Izzo apparently tried for 3 years with out success so I doubt he changes this year, I like McGee to get more minutes down the strectch

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Im the biggest JW fan, but is it just me or is he awfully negative towards CA today?

And I think rightfully so. CA makes a lot of poor decisions (offensively and defensively), probably worst basketball IQ on the team out of the guys who play, which is surprising considering the playing experience he has (2 Final Fours). If he would just stay focused and within himself, he would be a solid player for us.

I'm fine with him starting, whatever. But I'm still trying to understand why he plays so much more over McGee? Maybe because Tyrus expends so much more energy than Chris, he needs those breaks? I would think Fred wants CA to play in limited spurts so he stays focused on what we should be trying to accomplish? Or maybe he just wants CA to play through his usual mistakes?

This post is probably coming off as extremely negative, which I don't want it to because we just had a huge conference road win and will need CA to step up if we want to continue to be successful! But there is no reason to ignore one of the weaknesses this team has.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Chris Allen is one of those guys who is good, but plays unnaturally. Rushes his shots and what not. I am a fan of him when he lets the game come to him, but he hasn't let it happen much this year, unfortunately.