RUMOR: Mack Brown to retire

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That's insane. Baylor already hates Texas, and if UT took their coach? That hate would be amplified to the power of a million suns.

UT needs another A&M. What better way?

Although, with the big point totals that Baylor is putting up, Texas might have to rename their steer.

51-30 = Stevo?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
@JakeLebahn: According to a source Texas Longhorn head coach Mack Brown will retire this Saturday after the game against Baylor.

Would be shocking if true. Fire up the CPR to Texas panic.

Wake me when this is a big deal on Shaggybevo!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I hope they don't call Chris Peterson. Don't they allready have Boise's ex OC?

Will Gary Patterson ever leave TCU?

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant

I doubt TCU would let Patterson leave to go a school soon to be in the same conference...not to mention, why would he? He's loved at TCU and now is in an AQ conference for next year.

DMICyclone

Oct 4, 2010
Ames
It's going to be Saban. Think about it. He would pay raise and better facilities. He would get to leave the ******** SEC and he would be able to get away from the ******* crazy Alabama fans.

Reactions: VeloClone

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

They hired his OC Brian Harsin last year. I think Petersen would be who they go after. Now is the perfect time for him to jump, Moore will be gone after this year, they are moving to the Big East, it's a good time for him to move on. Petersen is not going to leave for an Arizona St type job, but for Texas I think he would go.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
Mack Brown is firmly entrenched at Texas. Dream on if you think he's going to go out on another down year, with next year looking like a better opportunity.

If next year is as bad as this one, he'll quit, but I just don't see him retiring after two strikes. In his mind, he's down in the count, but not out.

He seems tired to me, and somewhat bereft, finally a victim of his own successful carousel, but I'll be a slack-jawed mouthbreather if this rumor has any roots in the truth.

Which, technically, would make me an Aggie fan.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
I'm pretty sure Craig James is waiting the wings. He's already vetted 5 dead hookers to join him on the sidelines.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Maybe they will hire Farley from UNI, but i doubt he wants to leave his great program at UNI.

Yeah, I doubt Farley would want to leave the bastion of college football known as Northern Iowa for an also-ran like the Texas Longhorns. Probably wouldn't even get paid that much more.

Reactions: panthers4life

Klonz

Nov 9, 2006
Grimes, IA
He's retiring to spend more time with his family and then will take a TV gig and then go back into coaching the following year... proving he really didn't want to spend more time with his family...

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
He's retiring to spend more time with his family and then will take a TV gig and then go back into coaching the following year... proving he really didn't want to spend more time with his family...

Or proving that the time spent with his family reminded him of what is really important in a coach's life: avoiding family.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
That, would be interesting. I'm not really sure there are that many high-caliber candidates that would be able to fill in at Texas. Most of the big ones have been scooped up or are unlikely to leave. Chris Petersen would be a good fit, but I question if he'd leave.

Last edited: