With the game not being televised

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
This felt like a lot of fall Saturdays of my childhood. Listen to the game on the radio then start to tune out halfway through the second quarter and move on to other things because we're getting blasted, even if we're not as bad and the opponent isn't as good as how they're playing today.

Bummer.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
same here. unloading corn while my dad was picking. everytime i saw the Case combine, i envisioned isu being in the Case IH redzone alot. silly dreams.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
This felt like a lot of fall Saturdays of my childhood. Listen to the game on the radio then start to tune out halfway through the second quarter and move on to other things because we're getting blasted, even if we're not as bad and the opponent isn't as good as how they're playing today.

Bummer.

It's starting to feel like a lot of the season's from the 80s and 90s where I'm mentally gone and start looking at basketball. We're terrible and it's a shame.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Haha I was thinking the same exact thing as the OP... Nice fall day.. driving in the country... Quickly listening to ISU down 28-3... turning off the game and watching some SEC.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Haha I was thinking the same exact thing as the OP... Nice fall day.. driving in the country... Quickly listening to ISU down 28-3... turning off the game and watching some SEC.

In a way, I really miss Pete Taylor on these types of days. His frustatration, anger, and sarcasm would match that of the head-shaking Cyclone Nation.
John Walters, on the post-game, sounds like he's doing the farm report.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This team is frustrating to watch. The talent is there but the execution is TERRIBLE. If they would just value the football more early and keep it close I think this defense can make the plays to keep things close and give the offense a chance to make things happen.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This team is frustrating to watch. The talent is there but the execution is TERRIBLE. If they would just value the football more early and keep it close I think this defense can make the plays to keep things close and give the offense a chance to make things happen.

Sorry, but I do not agree with this. We are a couple of plays away from 0-6. We average roughly 1 player per year taken in the NFL draft. This team would probably be able to match up with the B12 of 2005-8, but the B12 has upped their talent and overall play in the past couple of years, and this might be the best it's been since 2000.

We just don't match up unfortunately.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Glad this game wasn't on TV today. It sounds like it was just an atrocious game all the way around similar to the game at Colorado last year. Making a crappy offense look like an NFL team and making a pedestrian defense look like the Steel Curtain.

We are going to get rocked next weekend.