Herman is not a bad coach

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
There is no doubt that Herman needs to be evaluated at the end of the season. There really is no reason our offense should be worse off than it was when Chizik was here. Our offense has been about the 100th best offense nationally the last 3 years.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
We desperately need more speed. Good lord we are slow. Thought we were making progress, but apparently against middle of the road big 12 teams we look like we have concrete in our shoes.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The Running scheme does not fit the lines ability.
a.) the lines ability is nowhere near where I expected

Zone read on first down every play is predictable. Constantly puts us in 2 and long and usually forces a failed bubble screen attempt thereafter.

Jantz is having trouble making sound reads.

Imo, we spread the field too wide to put Jantz in the position to make a second and third read.

The list could go on. This is frustrating.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
We desperately need more speed. Good lord we are slow. Thought we were making progress, but apparently against middle of the road big 12 teams we look like we have concrete in our shoes.

We're ISU. We'll never have the same speed as other teams do. However, we can build our team to have strength and just beat down other teams physically and control the clock. I think that's what we're going to have to do if we want to compete in the Big 12. That's why I think our offense would be better as a pro-style or power offense. A new offense would make us a unique team in the conference and harder to prepare for.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
CPR would disagree with you..

"I feel comfortable [with Jantz playing at this level]," Rhoads said. "Guys come from junior college all the time and make this transition. He led a college team that has great tradition at City College [of San Francisco] into the championship game in the California junior college league and that's not an easy challenge to do in and of itself."

Cyclone football: Jantz gets his chantz - Iowa State Daily: Sports

Interesting quote from back in August. I wonder what CPR thinks now. In any case, the results speak for themselves...

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Seriously, I hope at this point, Pinkel decides to put 70 or 80 on us, we deserve it. This coaching staff deservers it. We are ******* horrible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron