Lewis Black tonight in DM

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Tonight I get to add to my list of my favorite comedians seen in person with Lewis Black. I remember him being at Stephens in Ames but didn't go because I hadn't been introduced to his material. Since then have listened to all of his albums and he's definitely is in my top 3 of comedians. Glad his performance coinsides with ISU's off week.

TrueAndValiant

Sep 7, 2009
I got to see that Stevens show, and it was fantastic. (End of the World - Starbucks/Starbucks material) It was actually his birthday that day, so at the end of the show, the committee on lectures came out with a birthday cake, and we sang him happy birthday as he directed us with his middle fingers.

Gotten to see him live once since, but I don't think his recent albums have been as strong. Hope you have a good time. Wish I could go.

Agkistrodon

Feb 14, 2009
I tried to go to that Stephens show, but they started turning people away when I was almost to the front of the line. On the way out, we walked around the back of the auditorium and Lewis Black was standing there smoking a cigarette, so at least we got to talk to him for a few minutes before he went inside to do the show.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Back from the show. Lewis was in rare form tonight. Always go to comedy shows and hope I don't hear bits the comedian has done in the past. Tonight Lewis was all new material and on the money. I agree that his last CC act Stark Raving Black was good but not great. Tonight he was great.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I went and saw him at the Funny Bone back when they were still at the Cobblestone location. He was great, I love the smaller atmospheres when they're able to pull in big names like him. He did 2 shows that night, we were going to the later show, so after the first show we were there waiting to go in and I was standing right next to him as he signed autographs and sold his albums to everyone coming out of that first show.

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
Tonight I get to add to my list of my favorite comedians seen in person with Lewis Black. I remember him being at Stephens in Ames but didn't go because I hadn't been introduced to his material. Since then have listened to all of his albums and he's definitely is in my top 3 of comedians. Glad his performance coinsides with ISU's off week.

You had to pay to go see Lewis Black? Was there lots of pointless screaming involved? Sounds like blast...:no:

cc4td28

Apr 16, 2006
Warren, OH
I tried to go to that Stephens show, but they started turning people away when I was almost to the front of the line. On the way out, we walked around the back of the auditorium and Lewis Black was standing there smoking a cigarette, so at least we got to talk to him for a few minutes before he went inside to do the show.

I did the same thing that day. I kept trying to get people to leave but they wanted to drink longer. Then we got there to be turned away. He was pretty funny talking to him outside.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I prefer Ron White to Lewis Black -- but there is no accounting for taste!!!

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I prefer Ron White to Lewis Black -- but there is no accounting for taste!!!

I was there, forgive me if I don't think throwing F bombs in every sentence is comedy.

there were a few times I chuckled, like when he ragged on the Kardashians, but mostly it was just profanity laced nonsense.

Give me Steven Wright over him anyday

Reactions: Sighclone Fan

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I was there, forgive me if I don't think throwing F bombs in every sentence is comedy.

there were a few times I chuckled, like when he ragged on the Kardashians, but mostly it was just profanity laced nonsense.

**** that, I think he's hilarious. Steven Wright is just.....blah.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Sure the f'bombs were flying but just like my favorite of all time Carlin, there is a lot of truth in what Lewis says especially his rant on how you can still believe in your political party of choice. Obviously you or someone else paid for you to watch him perform so you can't really complain too much.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron