Ames Buffalo Wild Wings, workers in Hawk shirts!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I wouldn't say that this would turn me away from BWW (in Ames) forever, but it's not exactly a reason TO go there. If I'm deciding between a couple of places, maybe that points me in a different direction. If I want BWW badly enough I'll go there, but if everything else is equal, I'll always go to the place that supports ISU over the place that is either indifferent or supports UI. That means Hickory Park, Wallaby's, West Town Pub, Olde Main Brewery, Dublin Bay, GeAngelos, etc.

+1

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
They're being obnoxious by supporting THEIR team on a day when the staff is allowed to do so? Damn those Minnesota fans I see on campus, they're just being obnoxious ******bags trying to push their team on me!

It's a chain restaurant, I really don't know what you people are expecting. If this were at a hole-in-the-wall place like Wallaby's I think you'd have a point. But a national chain? They're sports fans, and choosing where you want to eat based on whether or not a few of the waiters support the Hawks, instead of choosing based on the food and ACTUAL service, is beyond petty/pathetic/stupid/all of the above.

It may not be obnoxious to society in general, but it is certainly obnoxious to me as a Cyclone fan. I am just as free to take my business to whichever establishment I choose, for whichever reason I choose, as they are to wear their Hawkeye clothes in Ames.

And Wallaby's is a hole in the wall? Really? Have you ever even been there? Just because something isn't a chain restaurant doesn't mean it's a hole in the wall.

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
It may not be obnoxious to society in general, but it is certainly obnoxious to me as a Cyclone fan. I am just as free to take my business to whichever establishment I choose, for whichever reason I choose, as they are to wear their Hawkeye clothes in Ames.

And Wallaby's is a hole in the wall? Really? Have you ever even been there? Just because something isn't a chain restaurant doesn't mean it's a hole in the wall.

Clearly not a good Cyclone fan for calling Wallaby's a hole in the wall.

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
Saying Ames needs to ban hawk clothing because you think it's offensive? Yeah, that sounds pretty stupid to me. U mad?

IQ 160? I'm guessing. You must have also missed my post about waiting until the manager gets off work, and jumping his *** behind the building and beating him into a coma. I read about it on a Dodger Fan message board. Sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

Reactions: IcSyU

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

1. I don't mean for "hole-in-the-wall" to be some kind of insult. Quite the opposite.

2. The fact that it's obnoxious to you as a Cyclone fan is why the fanbase gets such a bad rap. That just sums up my overall point. If people read responses like this, or the OP, it's not hard to think that perhaps Cyclone Nation is a bunch of insecure, whiny ******bags.

3. And yes, you're free to take your business wherever you choose, for whatever reason you choose. But if you choose it based mainly on something like this (rather than the food/service), and even call for a BOYCOTT of the business over it, other people are free to tell you that you're being petty. Because you are.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I've never understood people getting all bent out of shape about clothing. If you want to ***** about what people wear, go to jcpenneyfanatic.com.

I like bdubs because of their food. I'll like them regardless of what the wait staff is wearing.

What a petty and ridiculous reason to boycott a place, or complain to a manager and corporate headquarters.

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I've never understood people getting all bent out of shape about clothing. If you want to ***** about what people wear, go to jcpenneyfanatic.com.

I like bdubs because of their food. I'll like them regardless of what the wait staff is wearing.

What a petty and ridiculous reason to boycott a place, or complain to a manager and corporate headquarters.

Your tastebuds must be as sad as your fanaticism for athletics. Why are you even here?

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
I used the link above.

I sent a message to BWW, informing them that I will not dine at the BWW Ames location this weekend, and I will no longer dine at any BWW location.

The BWW Ames staff can think it's funny. I find it disgusting.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
It pains me to agree with TM3308 here. Agreeing with a Hawk fan during rivalry week.

God damn it people.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
1. I don't mean for "hole-in-the-wall" to be some kind of insult. Quite the opposite.

2. The fact that it's obnoxious to you as a Cyclone fan is why the fanbase gets such a bad rap. That just sums up my overall point. If people read responses like this, or the OP, it's not hard to think that perhaps Cyclone Nation is a bunch of insecure, whiny ******bags.

3. And yes, you're free to take your business wherever you choose, for whatever reason you choose. But if you choose it based mainly on something like this (rather than the food/service), and even call for a BOYCOTT of the business over it, other people are free to tell you that you're being petty. Because you are.

I don't know about the OP, but I'm certainly not "whining". I don't think it's insecure or whiny to want to go to an establishment that supports the Cyclones 100% on Gameday in Ames, and I will continue to do that. I also clearly said that I wasn't calling for a boycott and had no problem with other people going to the Ames BWW, but feel free to call me petty for a stance that I never even took.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't know about the OP, but I'm certainly not "whining". I don't think it's insecure or whiny to want to go to an establishment that supports the Cyclones 100% on Gameday in Ames, and I will continue to do that. I also clearly said that I wasn't calling for a boycott and had no problem with other people going to the Ames BWW, but feel free to call me petty for a stance that I never even took.

I don't believe you were being called petty as you didn't take the stance. I believe the "you" in #3 was aimed at people guilty of #3.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

This part does makes a big difference. To each their own.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

I should have been clearer, I wasn't directing the boycott accusation at you, it just got kind of wrapped up with the OP.

If you don't want to go someplace that has Hawk gear around on an ISU gameday, that's fine (you didn't clarify that in the post I responded to). But the OP calls for a boycott/write to corporate, which is just stupid.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I don't believe you were being called petty as you didn't take the stance. I believe the "you" in #3 was aimed at people guilty of #3.

Sorta this. I was calling him petty if he based his choice in food solely on the clothing of the wait staff, but that was before he made it clear that he was only talking about gamedays. On gameday, no big deal, it's natural. Refusing to go there ever again, on any day, over this would be petty (which is what I thought he was saying before he clarified).

Last edited:

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the concerned people for sending in complaints. Your actions are one of the many reasons why my friends who are Iowa fans will be giving me a constant stream of **** all day Saturday.

How do I know this to be true? Because this thread is making the email link rounds with the tagline, "This is a Joke Right?". Well done gentlemen, you're paranoia, little guy syndrome and lack of acceptable social skills is starting to interupt my work day.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I used the link above.

I sent a message to BWW, informing them that I will not dine at the BWW Ames location this weekend, and I will no longer dine at any BWW location.

The BWW Ames staff can think it's funny. I find it disgusting.

That is pathetic...

Some people and there inferiority complex. Some of you make A&M fans not seem as pathetically inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.