10 predictions for the CFB season

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
1. Alabama will win the National Championship by beating Wisconsin
2. Notre Dame will go to a BCS game
3. Auburn will not go to a Bowl game
4. Teams NOT in the top 25 that will finish the season in the top 25: Texas, Iowa, Pittsburgh, and Arizona State
5. Teams in the top 25 that will finish outside the top 25 at the end of the season: Auburn, Michigan State, West Virigina, and LSU
6. Landry Jones will win the Heisman
7. Nebraska will NOT win their division
8. Oklahoma will win the Big 12, Bama the SEC, Florida State the ACC, Oregon the PAC 10, Pittsburgh the Big East, and Wisconsin the Big 10.
9. Lance Dunbar will lead the country in rushing yards
10. BCS Bowl game: Bama vs Wisconsin......Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame.......Sugar Bowl: South Carolina vs Pittsburgh.......Orange Bowl: Florida State vs Stanford ....... Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Oklahoma State

Iowa State Predictions
1. Iowa State will go 5-7
2. Shontrelle Johnson will rush for over 1,000 yards.
3. Iowa State will more than DOUBLE their sacks from last season (11 last year)
4. Steele Jantz will throw for 2,500 yards and 18 TD's
5. Leonard Johnson will be a 1st team all Big 12 CB
6. Brundrage will be a top 3 WR by the time the season is over
7. Jeremy Reeves will lead the team in INT's
8. Woody will lead the team in rushing TD's
9. Last year we lost 3 games by 28 points or more. That will happen ZERO times this year
10. Clones21 will start 1,000 threads from Sept 3 until Dec 3rd. 1/2 of them will be wanting Barnett to be QB! :smile:

What predictions do you guys have?

all very good predictions

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
To put it in perspective, last year we almost went bowling with that anemic pass rush. If we double that productivity, we vastly improve our defense. That tends to lead to winning seasons.

Schedule Erik. Schedule. It's not as simple as improving in 1 thing automatically leads to more victories.

One more thing, in the 4 games we lost last year by 20 points or more (Iowa, Colorado, Utah, and Oklahoma) we had 1 sack TOTAL in those 4 games. Now even if we increase that to 2 to 3 a game, we still are not winning any of those games.

With that said, if we increase our sacks to 22 or more, there is no question that our defense will be much improved

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Does Steele getting starting job change your prediction?

Does Steele winning the starting job change your guy's predictions on the season? I feel like most of us basically based our prediction on Steele being the starter anyway. But for those who didn't, does it change your prediction? I had 6-6, since I based it on Jantz being the starter. If Tiller had won, I was going to change mine to 3-9. For Barnett, I had us going 4-8 and maybe going 5-7.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Re: Does Steele getting starting job change your prediction?

Does Steele winning the starting job change your guy's predictions on the season? I feel like most of us basically based our prediction on Steele being the starter anyway. But for those who didn't, does it change your prediction? I had 6-6, since I based it on Jantz being the starter. If Tiller had won, I was going to change mine to 3-9. For Barnett, I had us going 4-8 and maybe going 5-7.

Quite possibly the least amount of logic ever used on a CF question. And that's saying a lot.

So you think Jantz takes us to 6-6. If Tiller or Barnett had won, wouldn't it mean they were BETTER and therefore our record would be equal or better?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'm banking on some players being suspended against Oregon for the fight. If that doesn't happen than I'm sure to be wrong. But if they lose that first game, I could see them losing 4 to 5 very easily and being just outside the top 25. Games against Oregon, @Miss St, @West Virginia, Florida, @Bama, Arkansas. That's tough. I will admit it was a big shot in the dark

Well, i understand that it is just a prediciton. But in my opinion, well, they play those teams (minus oregon) every single year and have proven to be better. They are a damn good team that could also win the national title this year.

In the cybookie thread of who will win the NC this year, i actually posted saying they had a great shot. It just surprised me you thought they'd drop out of the top 25.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines

Quite possibly the least amount of logic ever used on a CF question. And that's saying a lot.

So you think Jantz takes us to 6-6. If Tiller or Barnett had won, wouldn't it mean they were BETTER and therefore our record would be equal or better?
No, because I hoenstly thought and obviously still think Jantz is the best QB. If Barnett or Tiller would have "won", I would have called it a dumb move by the staff.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Wisconsin will lose at least two Big Ten games, one of which will be to Ohio St.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

No, because I hoenstly thought and obviously still think Jantz is the best QB. If Barnett or Tiller would have won, I would have called it a dumb move by the staff.

Ah. I'm glad you can gather more from Cyclones.com videos than what our coaching staff could gather after an entire offseason of direct contact.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines

Ah. I'm glad you can gather more from Cyclones.com videos than what our coaching staff could gather after an entire offseason of direct contact.
I had my source that was in practice, practicing. And they weren't going to lie to me.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Well, i understand that it is just a prediciton. But in my opinion, well, they play those teams (minus oregon) every single year and have proven to be better. They are a damn good team that could also win the national title this year.

In the cybookie thread of who will win the NC this year, i actually posted saying they had a great shot. It just surprised me you thought they'd drop out of the top 25.

Yeah, it was just a shot in the dark. They could go to the title game and it wouldn't shock me (well a little). I guess, despite his wins, I still think Les Miles is close to running them into the ground.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
I would seriously like what you guys are drinking or smoking when you think we are going to win anywhere from 5-7 games. I will go in the middle, who on earth do you think we are going to beat to get to 6 games?? We will not beat
Iowa, @ Uconn, Texas, @ Baylor, @Missouri, Texas A&M, @ Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, @Oklahoma and with K-State at the end of the year they will only be better so i can't see us winning that also.

Not trying to be a downer here but we do not have the luxury of playing 2 or 3 EASY nonconference games. And with Colorado out of the picture that hurts also. I cant see more than three wins this season. UNI, KU and maybe KSU. If I had to pick one upset it would be UCONN and yes, it would be an upset. I hope I am wrong. But I would bet my whole bank account (which is not much) that we do not win 6 games there or even 5.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

I had my source that was in practice, practicing. And they weren't going to lie to me.

You seem to be operating under the idea that the coaches would have picked a player who was clearly inferior to another and made him a starter.

That's incredibly stupid, even for you.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
1. Alabama will win the National Championship by beating Wisconsin
2. Notre Dame will go to a BCS game
3. Auburn will not go to a Bowl game
4. Teams NOT in the top 25 that will finish the season in the top 25: Texas, Iowa, Pittsburgh, and Arizona State
5. Teams in the top 25 that will finish outside the top 25 at the end of the season: Auburn, Michigan State, West Virigina, and LSU
6. Landry Jones will win the Heisman
7. Nebraska will NOT win their division
8. Oklahoma will win the Big 12, Bama the SEC, Florida State the ACC, Oregon the PAC 10, Pittsburgh the Big East, and Wisconsin the Big 10.
9. Lance Dunbar will lead the country in rushing yards
10. BCS Bowl game: Bama vs Wisconsin......Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame.......Sugar Bowl: South Carolina vs Pittsburgh.......Orange Bowl: Florida State vs Stanford ....... Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Oklahoma State

Iowa State Predictions
1. Iowa State will go 5-7
2. Shontrelle Johnson will rush for over 1,000 yards.
3. Iowa State will more than DOUBLE their sacks from last season (11 last year)
4. Steele Jantz will throw for 2,500 yards and 18 TD's
5. Leonard Johnson will be a 1st team all Big 12 CB
6. Brundrage will be a top 3 WR by the time the season is over
7. Jeremy Reeves will lead the team in INT's
8. Woody will lead the team in rushing TD's
9. Last year we lost 3 games by 28 points or more. That will happen ZERO times this year
10. Clones21 will start 1,000 threads from Sept 3 until Dec 3rd. 1/2 of them will be wanting Barnett to be QB! :smile:

What predictions do you guys have?
Pretending to predict the future is a waste of time.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
Pretending to predict the future is a waste of time.

by that rationale, wouldn't reading and commenting on what you've determined to be a waste of time, be an even bigger waste of time? And for me to respond to your response, a still bigger waste of time? And the weak comeback response that you most certainly would post in response to my response to your response, an enormous waste of time? And the, no doubt witty and biting, retort I would write in response to your response to my response to your response? Would that not be such a colossal waste of time that it would begin to attract onlookers who were curious as to what could possibly be so important that it would waste so much valuable time?

Knowing that, can we just forgo the seemingly inevitable back and forth of your unfunny and tired rebukes and my dashingly clever counters and just agree that prediction threads, while generally a waste of time, are fun and good for discussion?

Nov 9, 2009
Ames
I would seriously like what you guys are drinking or smoking when you think we are going to win anywhere from 5-7 games. I will go in the middle, who on earth do you think we are going to beat to get to 6 games?? We will not beat
Iowa, @ Uconn, Texas, @ Baylor, @Missouri, Texas A&M, @ Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, @Oklahoma and with K-State at the end of the year they will only be better so i can't see us winning that also.

Not trying to be a downer here but we do not have the luxury of playing 2 or 3 EASY nonconference games. And with Colorado out of the picture that hurts also. I cant see more than three wins this season. UNI, KU and maybe KSU. If I had to pick one upset it would be UCONN and yes, it would be an upset. I hope I am wrong. But I would bet my whole bank account (which is not much) that we do not win 6 games there or even 5.

I'll bet you didn't think we'd beat Texas Tech or Texas last year.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

If Tiller had won, it would mean that Jantz and Barnett were worse than Tiller, and we've already seen what Tiller can do. Which is not a whole lot. So it's very logical to think we'll have a better record with Jantz at the helm. Not sure what's hard to grasp about that.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Uconn, Texas Tech, and K-State are all very winnable and I think we win at least two of those three. Iowa, Baylor, and Texas are all possible wins and I think we win at least one of those three. Those three plus UNI and KU is five games, with hopefully one extra win to go bowling.