GRAYER RETURNING TO MICHIGAN

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I kinda wish FH would have just given him the job.

Based on? I'm not saying Grayer would not have been qualified and done well - I just want to know why he should be "just given the job".

I don't care where the coaches came from, I just want the best ones on staff to do the job - and to win. I'd hope that our fans and administration are in the same boat on that. Giving jobs to people just because they are Cyclones should never be the top qualifier.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
And to think that I got slammed on this board a few weeks ago for asking what position Grayer exactly had at ISU. I knew Hoiberg had never officially tabbed Grayer as an assistant. I wish Grayer the best of luck and I trust Fred's decision.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This will not affect Chris Allen's decision at all. Otzelberger was the guy who brought Allen to Ames, not Grayer.

Does this affect our chances with anyone we currently have or are looking at? I know he couldn't recruit in an official capacity, but I am curious if he had any kind of connections we have utilized or are utilizing in pulling in recruits.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Otz can recruit. That is his show. Lutz is the X and O guy. Freddy is the face of the program. It's pretty simple.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wonder if this has anything to do with the addition of Lefty Moore recently. Did he take over some of Grayer's turf? Hoiberg and Moore have always been good buddies.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Wonder if this has anything to do with the addition of Lefty Moore recently. Did he take over some of Grayer's turf? Hoiberg and Moore have always been good buddies.

I was under the impression it was Lefty, but I never knew for sure.