Allen Bell is my favorite player..and singer!

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
My favorite play for the Cyclones the past few years is the Bell interception that was like the everready rabbit. He just kept going and going. The guy does have talent both on and off the field. Hope he stays on as a Cyclone. We need guys like him!

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Check this out!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxpKwjccq4]YouTube - Allen Bell Iowa State Highlights[/ame]

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Ya, I like the guy. I can understand his frustration in not playing. I hope he really is sticking around.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
His time will come this season. Hopefully he sticks it out. The man has some ability.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I couldn't remember what play you were talking about, but that interception against Oklahoma was awesome. If he could of somehow squeezed out 20 more yards it would have gone down as one of the greatest of all time.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
He does have speed because I remember him running the 60 meters in one of our indoor track meets last winter. I'll have to look up his time but I think he was pretty fast. I know Wallace Franklin and Bo Williams have also run in the track meets and I think there is one other football player but I can't remember which one.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We need AB on the team. Same as McDowell. These guys need to remember that even though they aren't getting PT right now, they're an injury away from seeing the field. For example, if Bates had stuck around last year, he would have seen valuable time against BU and NU, which could have provided him an opportunity to either show the coaches what he had, or show other coaches what he has should he want to transfer at the end of the year.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
He does have speed because I remember him running the 60 meters in one of our indoor track meets last winter. I'll have to look up his time but I think he was pretty fast. I know Wallace Franklin and Bo Williams have also run in the track meets and I think there is one other football player but I can't remember which one.

Is it ironic that all 3 of these super fast track guys have struggled to see the football field?

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Is it ironic that all 3 of these super fast track guys have struggled to see the football field?

Yeah, that occurred to me as I was typing that. Well, I hope they will be able to contribute. Over the years there have been plenty of players that didn't do anything even up to their senior season and suddenly, for whatever reason, they seemingly overnight developed into an every down player so I am not giving up at all on these guys.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I love the way Josh Raven pushed Bell another 15 yards down the field after that pick.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Definitely my favorite player too.....

I liked him and wish he had stayed with the team. He had big minutes coming with suspensions, injuries, etc, last year. He would have started the game after Nebraska and the Bowl game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron