Who is/was your favorite Cyclone?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
Bruce Reimers, a stud Oline from Humboldt, played for the Bengals and Bucs. Went to a super bowl and is a very good guy.

I agree, I used to lift weights at the YMCA in Ft. Dodge and he would be there at the same time once and a while. He was always ready to spot you if you needed it. Just a great guy.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Even as an Iowa fan, there are still some ISU guys that I liked to watch play. Seneca Wallace, even though he was Iowa's Kryptonite (I'm not suggesting that we were Superman in 2001 when he beat us, it's just a figure of speech), was just fun to watch. Played the game hard, and he was certainly exciting.

Another guy I liked was Lane Danielson. Just a damn good receiver. Todd Blythe, Bret Meyer, Stevie Hicks, and Ellis Hobbs are also guys that I really liked.

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
Jeff Hornacek. Walk on that ended up with a long NBA career. And was/is a great example of a student athlete. Graduated, carrying grade point in excess of 3.0. Class individual that is great representative of Iowa State. First time I saw him play was an intersquad game after a football game. Everybody was asking "who is this white kid" and the answer was "some walkon freshman". No too long before he was starting and become a four year starter.

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
Football: My #1 is Todd Blythe. Right behind him is Seneca Wallace, Troy Davis, Ellis Hobbs & Nick Moser. A-Rob has a great shot at joining this list after this season is over.

Basketball: My #1 is Fred Hoiberg followed by Craig Brackings, Marcus Fizer, Jamaal Tinsley & Kelvin Cato.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
FB: Probably Seneca. Great player. And I think a very good representation for the school. Never heard issues about him.

BB: Freddy was a favorite. Alot of props go to Rashon Clark. Kid had every reason to up and leave and became a character player for the Clones during some very tenuous times.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Football:
1. Austin Flynn
2. Seneca
3. Troy Davis for making my heart dedicated to being a Clone vs. UNLV in 95 (302 yds)
4. The Jack Whitver/Lane Danielson combo

fwiw

May 20, 2009
FB: Dexter Green / CPR
BB: Barry Stevens / Johnny Orr (wooeee coach!)
WBB: Anne O'Neill / BF (obviously)

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
have to throw Jared Homan into the mix for me too

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My favorite of all is Austin Flynn I think.

Next would be Hoiberg.... then Hobbs.

Most exciting Clone I've ever seen is Seneca Wallace.