USC Seniors and Juniors Allowed to Leave w/o Having To Sit Out!

Diggame

Sep 7, 2009
STL
So Reggie Bush is immoral so what do say about the schools leaving the comference high and dry they have to be immoral as well in your summation right?

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
How am I on a high horse if I say that knowingly commiting a recruiting violation is dishonorable and immoral?
The original post that I responded to talked about how everybody would have done what Reggie did, given the opportunity. That is a false statement.

proof?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
So Reggie Bush is immoral so what do say about the schools leaving the comference high and dry they have to be immoral as well in your summation right?

Not at all. Where is the rule that says that schools can't leave a conference? Nobody is breaking any rules by leaving.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
How am I on a high horse if I say that knowingly commiting a recruiting violation is dishonorable and immoral?
The original post that I responded to talked about how everybody would have done what Reggie did, given the opportunity. That is a false statement.

There was no downside to what he did, for him at least. His coaches were enabling him.

Also, just because not everybody would do it doesn't make it wrong for him to do it.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
There was no downside to what he did, for him at least. His coaches were enabling him.

Also, just because not everybody would do it doesn't make it wrong for him to do it.

That's not true at all. His legacy has already taken a hit, and if he ends up losing his Heisman Trophy it will take an even bigger hit. This story is always going to be attached to him. When he is dead and gone, his Wikipedia entry will still mention this. That may not be a monetary penalty, but plenty of pro players care about their legacy.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
That's not true at all. His legacy has already taken a hit, and if he ends up losing his Heisman Trophy it will take an even bigger hit. This story is always going to be attached to him. When he is dead and gone, his Wikipedia entry will still mention this. That may not be a monetary penalty, but plenty of pro players care about their legacy.

ok.. i don't agree that he really gives a crap about that, but address the 2nd part of what i wrote... as well as the post after that.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
ok.. i don't agree that he really gives a crap about that, but address the 2nd part of what i wrote... as well as the post after that.

If he didn't care, why would he continue to deny it? If it is honorable, and moral, and the right thing for him to do, why hasn't he spoken up to say that?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

I would bet 95% of people would have done what reggie did.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site

1) I would argue against that. It's not like he used PEDs or anything. He still would have kicked *** at any college.

2) Sounds like that may not happen.

3) really? Wiki? who gives a **** about wiki?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If he didn't care, why would he continue to deny it? If it is honorable, and moral, and the right thing for him to do, why hasn't he spoken up to say that?

Honor and moral is non existent in College football, we all know that.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

It's neither honorable or dishonorable. He did what he did. I don't see him as a hero, nor a horrible immoral human being for it. That's the difference between you and me. I see him as a normal person, you see him as a figure to be reviled.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I would bet 95% of people would have done what reggie did.

95% of all college athletes would take improper benefits if given the opportunity?

Damn, I hope nobody leaves their wallet unattended when you're around.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
95% of all college athletes would take improper benefits if given the opportunity?

Did you really just compare taking benefits that boosters are willingly shoving in Reggie's face to stealing from someone's wallet while they're unaware?

WOW.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

Depends how you classify "improper" benefits. There are people on this board who wrote checks to basketball camps at Iowa State that players get paid for. Even though it's "legal" is it "moral" for the players to take money in excess of what their time was really worth?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's neither honorable or dishonorable. He did what he did. I don't see him as a hero, nor a horrible immoral human being for it. That's the difference between you and me. I see him as a normal person, you see him as a figure to be reviled.

Where did I say he should be reviled? Where did I say he was horrible? It wasn't a crime. It wasn't like he robbed a bank. I said it was dishonorable, and that not all other athletes would have acted the way he did.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron