Coaching spot

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonesbball1

Mar 29, 2010
Didn't really want to find the old thread but anyways has there been any new news on who we might get or when we will decide?

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Right.....THe head coach of an NBA D league team would want to be an assistant for ISU? I would think it would be great for us, but not sure what would be in it for him.....I wonder what Nurse makes right now.

Reactions: coachdags

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Nurse has a better chance of being a NBA assistant than one for us. The guy is well respected.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Right.....THe head coach of an NBA D league team would want to be an assistant for ISU? I would think it would be great for us, but not sure what would be in it for him.....I wonder what Nurse makes right now.

I am sure Quinn Snyder would rather be here. Those guys don't make much. How many of NBA coaches come from the D-League? Not very many.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I am sure Quinn Snyder would rather be here. Those guys don't make much. How many of NBA coaches come from the D-League? Not very many.

They sorta play differnt rolls dont they? NBA coaches coach the talent, DNBA coaches develop the talent. Nurse could be a good college coach and the only way to get started in the college game is to become an asst.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
If this is legit, we got a steal. That web page of his bio is brutal though.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Not holding my breath on this but it would be one of the better things McD has done since he has been at ISU. NN is a guy that has had to mess talent and egos together every day. Lets face it, until we have someone that can accomplish this players are going to continue to leave. Maybe having a guy like Nurse that has been around this type of dynamic will help bring some continuity to the program. But again, don't believe it til I see it.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Not holding my breath on this but it would be one of the better things McD has done since he has been at ISU. NN is a guy that has had to mess talent and egos together every day. Lets face it, until we have someone that can accomplish this players are going to continue to leave. Maybe having a guy like Nurse that has been around this type of dynamic will help bring some continuity to the program. But again, don't believe it til I see it.

He is also a shooting expert, has head coaching experence, and can help Mac with a faster style game plan. If Nurse wants to coach college ball this is a good place to start.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
Be good to get a shooting expert on the staff--seems like he should help develop our guards as well (maybe this is wishful thinking).

Any other candidates or is this a done deal?