McDermott confirms that Hamilton and Buckley will transfer

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
This is un ******* believable! Our basketball program is a joke! I was all for giving McD some more time until I read post #1 of this thread 2 minutes ago.:no:

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
Losing with Integrity is still Losing...

What about saying that you're going to win/lose with integrity and then not doing the integrity part...and you just lose.

That turns into losing with no integrity, which is what Mac has done while here.

When Craig Brackins looks at you and says, "Coach, no one wants to play for you..."

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
It is just a matter of time before Colvin and Dendy announce they aren't returning right? No possible way they stay...

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
I am just waiting for MNCYGuy and the other apologist to come on here and tell us we are all idiots and that the process is working.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
What about saying that you're going to win/lose with integrity and then not doing the integrity part...and you just lose.

That turns into losing with no integrity, which is what Mac has done while here.

When Craig Brackins looks at you and says, "Coach, no one wants to play for you..."

My opinion of McD is definately not where it was. But it's absolutly stupid posts like yours that makes me argue in his defense. You make up bull**** quotes and claim they come from players. Did Brackins ever say that... or did you just mis-quote him and continue to be the least credible person on this board? You hurt the side arguing to fire mac more than you help.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Dendy would be nuts to leave. Which means he probably will the way this is going. Other than JVB he will be the only guy we have down low and JVB has a perimeter game anyway. Probably have to go with 4 guards a lot.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
Dendy would be nuts to leave. Which means he probably will the way this is going. Other than JVB he will be the only guy we have down low and JVB has a perimeter game anyway. Probably have to go with 4 guards a lot.

I love this argument. There are a ton of terrible teams that Dendy could play for. We're just one of them.

Why would he leave???? Maybe he wants to win. Maybe he knows he can be better when surrounded with better than high school talent.

A lot of people on these boards are complete idiots.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
We will be lucky to win 10 games next season with only 1 big man returning. JVB plays like he is 6-0.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I love this argument. There are a ton of terrible teams that Dendy could play for. We're just one of them.

Why would he leave???? Maybe he wants to win. Maybe he knows he can be better when surrounded with better than high school talent.

Coming from the guy who had his thread deleted for calling our players inmates...

I really don't understand why you act the way you do. You are the most disrespectful poster and worst representative of Iowa State on this board. (in my opinion)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

OK, I think we need to change coaches. Having said that if had a write in ballot on who was the most abrasive, non-factual, and let's not forget ignorant poster I have no doubt in my mind that you would win. Seriously. I do not think I have seen a post from you that was better than the next worst post I have ever seen. You basically come on this board and spew garbage largely with no factual backing. You bring no insight into any subject and are often completely off base. This is just my opinion, perhaps the rest of the board disagrees.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe my feelings now. It's just getting very old now. I have never said this before today, but right now Mac has to go. Simply ridiculous.

Dodie Dunson
Cory Johnson
Wesley Johnson
Corey McIntosh
Mike Taylor
Craig Brackins
Marcus Brister
Lucca Staiger
Clayton Vette
Dominique Buckley
We Eikmeier
Justin Hamilton
Clinton Mann
L.A. Pomlee

21 players have committed to playing for ISU since 2006. 14 have been dismissed, transferred, or quit (except Craig, who left early for the NBA). I don't know about you, but a 33% success rate at KEEPING players is enough to get a coach fired.
And this doesn't even include all of the players that left when Mac arrived.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

Classy post. For one, he was on the post game and in the DMR saying he was excited for next year, going to work harder than ever etc. For another, if he transfers he has to sit out a year, and he only has one year left to play. How many programs are lining up to take the risk that Dendy can make it two years in their program and only get him to play for one year. Think about it before you make statements like that.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
This Hamilton one is odd. He really developed a lot here. ISU was his only "BCS" offer. He started as a Soph, got a ton of playing time. That isn't the recipe that normally would lead one to believe he hates the coach, although nothing about ISU basketball is normal anymore. Would love to know what really happened, maybe he really is homesick. Whatever, either way it really sucks.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This Hamilton one is odd. He really developed a lot here. ISU was his only "BCS" offer. He started as a Soph, got a ton of playing time. That isn't the recipe that normally would lead one to believe he hates the coach, although nothing about ISU basketball is normal anymore. Would love to know what really happened, maybe he really is homesick. Whatever, either way it really sucks.

snowcraig says he knows more about why he left. Evidently he cannot share without permission.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Sorry to the apologists but either way you slice it McD is a disaster. Either these players really don't want to play for him or he is recruiting players that are not appropriate for ISU. This number of players leaving is disgraceful and anyone that accepts it at face value is blinded by some weird man crush on McD. Nothing from McD to me is suggestive that he will EVER be successful here. Tear the scab off now, deal with the pain, and let the healing begin anew.

JoeBoji

Dec 29, 2009
How do all these defections effect the NCAA rules on progress toward graduation?
Could we be looking at sanctions because of this mess? The long term effect of losing a generation of Cyclone basketball fans is staring us in the face. My son ( a current ISU soph) is lucky to have known "Hilton Magic" when he was in jr high. I had to remind him after the Colorado game of how it used to be.
As previous comments have stated, this is bigger than just next year. ISU will lose the classes 2005 to ???? as supporters of men's basketball, just as the 1990's decade of ISU student's don't support the current football program. We can't let this happen!

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
I'm curious, why do you say "I like Mac"?

Because he's a nice guy? Because he's a good coach? Because he's taller than you?

I don't like to say this because I like Mac and wanted him to win here, but I think this is the final straw. If there was any chance at all of being decent next year, we needed Ham. Without him (and Gilstrap and Brackins), we're in complete rebuild mode. If JP can find a way to come up with the money for the buyout, we have absolutely nothing to lose by firing Mac and taking a chance on a new coach. Expectations for next season are pretty much 0 now with or without Mac, so we might was well try someone new.

I hope Mac decides to resign on his own. That would be the best move for our program.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron