So is it bad

CloneAbuse

Oct 4, 2009
Clive, IA
to erupt in a fit of rage and fling your ottoman across the room in front of your 7 and 9 yr old boys....because the officiating was TERRIBLE.....only to later point out to them that it must have been just the good luck needed to see a Cyclone signature win on the season????

We all three erupted at the conlusion...then ran to Papa Murphy's to pick up a large pepperoni to celebrate :smile:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
to erupt in a fit of rage and fling your ottoman across the room in front of your 7 and 9 yr old boys....because the officiating was TERRIBLE.....only to later point out to them that it must have been just the good luck needed to see a Cyclone signature win on the season????

We all three erupted at the conlusion...then ran to Papa Murphy's to pick up a large pepperoni to celebrate :smile:

some say bad, i say family moment!

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
It has been several years since I have broken furniture, but my wife doesn't allow the children in the same room during games due to my famous potty mouth.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
well i learned all my explicit words from my grampa calling the refs various names sooooo.... no.

its good character building.

and plus now they wont act up cuz they know dad can whoop their asssssssssssssh

C

Cyclone42

I never complain about officiating. It's all a wash, really. Everybody complains that the refs are biased against them. If you go to the K-State message boards, I am sure there are a ton of messages there about how someone paid the refs to throw this game our way.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Remember the 2001 Nebraska game when Rancik made the game winning shot with less than a second left? After Tinsley had that shot blocked out of bounds my dad grabbed the remote and chucked it at the TV. It broke almost immediately. After Rancik won it, he quietly got up and headed to the store to buy a new one. The rest of us were just sitting there laughing.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I never complain about officiating. It's all a wash, really. Everybody complains that the refs are biased against them. If you go to the K-State message boards, I am sure there are a ton of messages there about how someone paid the refs to throw this game our way.

Actually it's funny, just read a post that said the refs tried helping them, and we tried helping them by turning it over, but they didn't take advantage.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Remember the 2001 Nebraska game when Rancik made the game winning shot with less than a second left? After Tinsley had that shot blocked out of bounds my dad grabbed the remote and chucked it at the TV. It broke almost immediately. After Rancik won it, he quietly got up and headed to the store to buy a new one. The rest of us were just sitting there laughing.

Remember like it was yesterday. I was working an internship in Columbus, NE for 8 months, and a friend and I went to that game in Lincoln. After the fuskers thought they won and stormed the court, I was not looking forward to the long walk back to my car. But after we ended up winning, the walk out in my ISU hat was great! Of course, that internship is also the reason I was at a hotel bar in Kearny when we lost to "the team that shall not be named."

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Huh, the mods move my thread, but this one stays out of the official post-game reaction. ;)

Nothing matters though, TOP 5 WIN WOO!

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
It has been several years since I have broken furniture, but my wife doesn't allow the children in the same room during games due to my famous potty mouth.

I can only remember a couple of instances where furniture was broken or nearly so. One was when nebraska's little back (corey ross?) Took off for a TD on a screen pass in 2005. I had a tv stand in front of me that exploded as he broke into the open field. The other was also a remote throwing incident shortly after Jamaal Tinsley laid the ball just off the right side of the rim and out...I don't think I need to mention when that was...

Cubsfan

Feb 9, 2009
Des Moines
I was thinking clear enough to chuck it laterally away from the TV :smile:

Two remotes were sitting on it...one exploded, batteries flying.....stunned silenece for a moment, a quick apology, then back to the action!!!

That's exactly what I will be like as a dad someday. And my kids WILL be Cyclone fans, if they want to eat.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Remember like it was yesterday. I was working an internship in Columbus, NE for 8 months, and a friend and I went to that game in Lincoln. After the fuskers thought they won and stormed the court, I was not looking forward to the long walk back to my car. But after we ended up winning, the walk out in my ISU hat was great! Of course, that internship is also the reason I was at a hotel bar in Kearny when we lost to "the team that shall not be named."

that had to have been the 0.6 game where we inbounded and up for a winning shot.....The husker fans next to us were really torqued when the refs changed the game score after reviewing the video.......We were there and IT WAS SWEET WALKING OUT TO OUR CAR

You're right, they stormed the floor, then skulked away as losers

I can imagine the fun of ruining SENIOR NITE FOR PURPLE RATS