Arizona New Year

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
If ISU and Iowa both win next weekend and the rest of chips fall right, there is good chance ISU would go to the Insight Bowl and Iowa would go to the Fiesta Bowl. What were the odds of that at the beginning of the season?

Personally, I think it'd be fun as hell and I'd go to both games.

jberryma

Oct 5, 2006
I'm still not sold on Iowa going to a BCS bowl. The quarterback situation is still going to be unsettled and they would have lost 2 of their last three. You're going to have either Pitt or Cincy out there, possibly Ok St., and possibly Georgia Tech if Clemson pulls of the ACC upset.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
No chance. Iowa's falling to at least 15th in the BCS, and a win over Minnesota isn't exactly going to propel them upwards. Considering there are 10 spots, with 2 going to the SEC (Florida & Alabama), 1 going to the Big 12 (Texas), Rose Bowl being a traditional Big 10-Pac 10 matchup (likely Ohio St v. Oregon), ACC getting 1 (winner of GA Tech-Clemson), Big East getting at least 1 (Cincinnati), and both TCU and Boise St likely BOTH picking up at-large bids (if Boise St remains undefeated and at #6 the BCS will have a hard time justifying keeping them out, even if TCU is ahead of them), that's 9 of your 10 slots claimed already. With Pitt, Oregon, Arizona, Penn St, Okie St, and possibly Wisconsin leapfrogging Iowa this week, I think there are too many teams that will be in front of Iowa for them to snag a BCS bid now. Yeah, Iowa did beat Arizona, Penn St, and Wisconsin, but the BCS is a "what have you done for me lately" business - and Iowa will have closed out their season losing two of their last three.

Basically, both TCU and Boise St are going to BCS games before Iowa, and if it doesn't work out that way, Boise St will have a lot to justifiably ***** about.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Hell no!!! I don't want Hawk fans ruining my bowl trip!!! I don't travel just to see more Hawk fans once I arrive at my destination. Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE thought.

Reactions: SeattleClone

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Iowa will not make a BCS game. They like going to the Cap One Bowl anyway.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't understand the talk of Iowa being in the Fiesta Bowl. the way I see it, you have to pick the PAC 10 runner up especially if Arizona wins the conference. I also think that if Pitt beats Cinci, they both may go ahead of Iowa. Georgia Tech is a sleeper no one is talking about and I thiink they are more deserving even if they lose to Clemson. BTW, if something crazy happens and 2 out of 3 of the big 3 lose a game, TCU deserves to be in the NC. They can play with anyone.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Iowa fans think their going to the fiesta based on their record for traveling. Weather they end up in the BCS or not, I have no idea.

Iowa's going to need a lot of help - as in something along the lines of 10 of the 15 teams rated ahead of them in the BCS to lose over the next couple of weeks. Possible, but Iowa should be packing for either Orlando or Tampa - and they've done well there recently.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
Iowa to the Fiesta Bowl is much more likely than you think. The Big Ten is getting two teams in the BCS no matter what. If the Orange Bowl were picking first I would say it will be Penn State, but the Fiesta Bowl will pick first (due to losing Texas) and I think they will pick Iowa.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I think it would be incredibly cool if both fan bases could put aside their hatred/hard feelings and support one another at each bowl, that way both bowls could be absolutely packed on whichever side the state of Iowa is on. Heck, I wouldnt even care if each team wore their own team gear.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think it would be incredibly cool if both fan bases could put aside their hatred/hard feelings and support one another at each bowl, that way both bowls could be absolutely packed on whichever side the state of Iowa is on. Heck, I wouldnt even care if each team wore their own team gear.

There is little doubt in my mind this would happen. Everyone gets along SO much better when everyone is winning.