*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Gameday Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
site.png
vs
Texas.png

IOWA STATE (11-7, 2-5 BIG 12)
VS. TEXAS (12-7, 3-4 BIG 12)
MONDAY, JAN. 22 | 6 P.M. CST
AUSTIN, TEXAS | ERWIN CENTER (16,540)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: ESPNU
Talent: Mark Neely (pxp); Lance Blanks (analyst)

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Huge game for a young team. Certainly winnable but we can't lay another egg like TCU.

I think CSP has them ready and we grill the sirloins.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FredCyclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I love Young and Lard, but their biggest weaknesses right now are perimeter D. I'd like to see a slightly different game plan against Ostekowski and their bigs this game, but honestly I don't know what that looks like.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I love Young and Lard, but their biggest weaknesses right now are perimeter D. I'd like to see a slightly different game plan against Ostekowski and their bigs this game, but honestly I don't know what that looks like.
In our game he made 7 threes. In their 5 games since? He's made 6 at a 26% clip. The dude sucks but had the game of of his life against us.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Hopefully we can start to string some wins together. Texas has to be a little shell shocked after the WVU game.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012

I agree, Ostekowski is a bad matchup for Solomon or Lard. Do we maybe see more Talley on him? Also, Lindell may need to shutdown his buddy from Oak Hill, Coleman, if we're going to have a chance down the stretch. Main thing is, LW needs to avoid early fouls and have an impact in this game. If I remember right, he struggled in the last matchup vs. them.

Reactions: srjclone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Solomon was better on perimeter D against TT and also sold out on loose balls. I think we see a better effort out of him if he's matched up with their oversized leprechaun. Talley is obviously the better match up with him for quickness, so maybe we can use the Solomon/Cameron combo lineup more when he's out.

• Funny
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Cyowan008

Feb 27, 2014
Ankeny, IA
I really don't know how to feel about this one. My main question is how Texas will come out after their throttling on Saturday. The first 5-8 minutes will be very important to set a tone.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Would be cool to keep the mojo and steal this one. Then, back-to-back home games vs. ranked opponents follow. Huge stretch here to try to get back on the rails.

Edit: Presumption that Tennessee stays ranked.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Not sure that ISU really needs to change much...if the guy doesn't hit 7 three pointers we win handily. Of course, a road game is a different story and Texas is coming off an embarrassing loss (like us at TCU), so this will be a tough task for ISU. Still, I see it as a winnable game for the Clones.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY and ca4cy

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
@CycloneRulzzz rules!!! Thanks as always buddy. I wouldn't be surprised if Talley gets more minutes tonight, he brings energy and is willing to work hard on defense. I think it might come down to the last possession or two.....if DJ and LW get hot, we have a chance.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz