Ideas for avoiding technicals

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Apparently refs have made it a point to call a T on Cam any time he shows emotion. What are some ideas you have to avoid this? Here are a few of mine:
-After he scores, turns to the guy who passed it to him and calmly says, 'thank you sir, may I have another?'
-Apologize to the rim after a dunk
-Tell an opponent 'that was a nice effort' after he blocks their shot

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
tenor.gif

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Frankly he could avoid them if he would turn around to his teammates before screaming. When he screams in the direction of the posterized opponent it is just a matter of time before an official interprets it as taunting.

This. Go celebrate with your teammates. Screaming while staring at the opponent is going to be called.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If he's screaming in the direction of opponents I don't mind the whistle as long as we got at least 10 more of those a year in our favor to balance it out. That seems to be called about 1% of the time it happens. It makes me wonder if he's screaming some incredibly foul trash talk because you see that on average about 12 times a game with no tech. If just screaming after a basket in the direction of an opponent was always a T you'd have players getting ejected left and right and it'd be called 5-10 times every game. He must be really saying something nasty.

• Disagree
Reactions: isu2014

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Cam was screaming and showing emotion the entire game today, which makes me think he is saying something when he gets his T. Are we 100% sure he isn't saying anything?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He plays with a lot of fire and emotion. I think the team needs him playing that way and it makes us better. We may just have to live with it.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Apparently refs have made it a point to call a T on Cam any time he shows emotion. What are some ideas you have to avoid this? ....

I'd love to see Coach Prohm, in a controlled but excited manner, jump off the bench and high five Cam with a rebel yell-- we want More, More, More! Send a message.
We all know these are punk, bogus Ts.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
He could just frown & duck his head a little like Chris Webber used to do.
One could make a clip of 100 players doing the same thing 100 times without getting a T. Freakin bogus calls vs Cam

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Frankly he could avoid them if he would turn around to his teammates before screaming. When he screams in the direction of the posterized opponent it is just a matter of time before an official interprets it as taunting.

Pretty sure in football 'the kick' and Lanning's 'face' motion were not called penalties since they were directed away from the play.

Love CL's fire and he's starting to make the game come to him which is scary since he's still learning, and it's actually a nice compliment/yin yang to Solo's flatlined response to anything good or bad, but he needs to harness things a bit in general. One second of celebrating a bucket can lead to points real quick in today's game and that's been proven a few times by ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron