Home Networking

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
B6CB4E38-8152-4EB1-A528-202885EB9D93.jpeg

So I have this setup with a PC running the basement stuff on the other side of the wall along with a FireTV box and the PC has most of my music, movies, etc. on it. I would like to be able to access the PC on iOS devices to be able to play stuff on the upper two levels and outside. Is there software out there that would allow me to mirror the desktop and cast or Bluetooth the PC through my iPad to other devices? Kind of like a Remote Desktop though an Apple device.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
View attachment 52991

So I have this setup with a PC running the basement stuff on the other side of the wall along with a FireTV box and the PC has most of my music, movies, etc. on it. I would like to be able to access the PC on iOS devices to be able to play stuff on the upper two levels and outside. Is there software out there that would allow me to mirror the desktop and cast or Bluetooth the PC through my iPad to other devices? Kind of like a Remote Desktop though an Apple device.

I'm more of an Android person, but I use Chromecasts to cast whatever I want on a TV or audio receiver throughout the house. The mirroring from my PC is done on the phone or tablet through Google play. I'd assume you should be able to do the same with iTunes.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I'm more of an Android person, but I use Chromecasts to cast whatever I want on a TV or audio receiver throughout the house. The mirroring from my PC is done on the phone or tablet through Google play. I'd assume you should be able to do the same with iTunes.
We use Home Sharing from iTunes. All iOS devices on the network can access the iMac’s iTunes library.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I use Plex to host my movies and TV shows, but it can also do music. You can use the various apps, iOS, Android, FireTV, SmartTV apps, etc. to access the content.

https://www.plex.tv/

I'm importing all my files right now. It looks promising. I have a lot of stuff on my PC since I used to be a torrent guy until Mediacom sent a letter saying don't do that.

Thank you.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm importing all my files right now. It looks promising. I have a lot of stuff on my PC since I used to be a torrent guy until Mediacom sent a letter saying don't do that.

Thank you.

Plex plus Kodi/TerrariumTV behind a VPN is all you need my friend. Plex for all your already torrented files and Kodi/Terrarium for all your streaming needs. I use Private Internet Access (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) for my VPN but you can also do it in the Amazon or Microsoft clouds using OpenVPN (https://openvpn.net/). The beauty of PIA though is you can instantly change countries or servers and have separate connections for you Phone, PC, Game console etc. Or you can set it up on your router too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron