Coach Snyder's presser just now ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Could you give me the Farmageddon Trophy highlights?

Fifth longest (continuously) running major college football series and no trophy, that's dumb...
They asked him if he was interested in a trophy for this rivalry. He said he had never thought about but would if they asked him after this week. That was literally all there was to it.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Ya gotta respect Bill Snyder. He seems to be a genuine person, very measured in his assessment of football and level headed. I know he's kicked our asses many, MANY times through the years, but I'll be sad when he leaves the game of football.

God bless that purple vampire.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
This family is looking for a home:

AR-309129960.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=652

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I wasn't tired until I listened to that. In all seriousness, I admire the man. In fact I wrote him a letter earlier in the season after that great article here: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/bill-snyder-kansas-state-the-teacher/. He replied in under a week in purple sharpie. I had no idea his wife is an ISU alum. My gf in high school was his neighbor and babysitter for his kids.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did he say anything beyond the usual coach-speak? I tried to listen, but got too sleepy. At least with Campbell's coach-speak, you can make it into a drinking game.

"This week, we are going to need to do a great job of doing things well."
He said "great job," drink.

"Whoever it is that you asked about it going to be ready to rock n roll."
He said "rock n roll," drink.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Ya gotta respect Bill Snyder. He seems to be a genuine person, very measured in his assessment of football and level headed. I know he's kicked our asses many, MANY times through the years, but I'll be sad when he leaves the game of football.

God bless that purple vampire.

I hate losing to KSU, but as I have said many times before, most of those close losses were because ISU was not tough enough, deep enough, made stupid plays or was coached badly. Can't blame Snyder for the ineptitude of our team. Even the Vampire had to wonder how the Hell they won the last game against CPR.