How about the defensive line

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
They have FAR exceeded my expectations this year. 2 sacks, 4 TFL, and 2 forced fumbles against a really good offense. All of this with mainly a 3 man front. It's awesome to see that there isn't a drop off when the second group comes in. I'm very impressed with the recruitment and development of the d line.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Normally, I'd be a jerk and link to the thread already created about these guys.

But damn if they aren't worth two threads heaping praise on them.

I love this thread, and I grant it two :campbell: :campbell: from my signature.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
How 'bout that D-Line!!! I agree....yeomans' work and I salute the three man rush......They themselves are doing are doing great sucking up space and doing best they can. I still can't understand why--situationally-- a linebacker can't shoot in and make a play. I know we had some blitzes after they scored that touchdown in the second half....that was good. need to help the Front 3 out. All good though when you win.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
How 'bout that D-Line!!! I agree....yeomans' work and I salute the three man rush......They themselves are doing are doing great sucking up space and doing best they can. I still can't understand why--situationally-- a linebacker can't shoot in and make a play. I know we had some blitzes after they scored that touchdown in the second half....that was good. need to help the Front 3 out. All good though when you win.

I saw a lot of playaction today freezing our linebackers. I don't like saying it, because it feels like I'm bagging on him-- and I"m totally not!!!-- but Lanning stumbles or is a step slow from time to time, and that gets him caught up in the blockers, unable to get to the ball carrier or into his drop when they pass. He's still doing an incredible job, and I think it's amazing that he's this good after half a season at the position. He's nowhere close to his ceiling yet.