Dog laser surgery recommendation?

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
My English bulldog is 6 months old. He has stenotic nares. Has a hard time breathing. Vet says the laser surgery is a good fix. They only have one place they refer to for it and said to expect to pay $3000. Online says it's $200-$1000. :/ Having a hard time find other vets around Iowa that do the laser surgery. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
My English bulldog is 6 months old. He has stenotic nares. Has a hard time breathing. Vet says the laser surgery is a good fix. They only have one place they refer to for it and said to expect to pay $3000. Online says it's $200-$1000. :/ Having a hard time find other vets around Iowa that do the laser surgery. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!
Call ISU vet school and see if they do.

Reactions: isuchicago

[email protected]

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 22, 2008
Fort Dodge, Iowa
I am a long time veterinarian and stenotic nares is an east fix by a variety of procedures but I prefer using a laser unit and should in most areas of the country not cost more than a few hundred dollars. I wonder if the larger quote is for a much more involved procedure that most English Bulldogs would benefit from. In this surgery the stenotic nares are repaired, the soft palate shortened and inverted laryngeal saccules repaired all with the help of lasers. These all have the end result of allowing the dog to breath easier. Again, these can be done without laser but much easier with it. $3000 might be high even for all of these.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I am a long time veterinarian and stenotic nares is an east fix by a variety of procedures but I prefer using a laser unit and should in most areas of the country not cost more than a few hundred dollars. I wonder if the larger quote is for a much more involved procedure that most English Bulldogs would benefit from. In this surgery the stenotic nares are repaired, the soft palate shortened and inverted laryngeal saccules repaired all with the help of lasers. These all have the end result of allowing the dog to breath easier. Again, these can be done without laser but much easier with it. $3000 might be high even for all of these.

Agree on too high of cost. If you are just having stenotic nares repaired then you dont need to have them lasered. I have repaired many and do not use a laser.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

Big-Words-Confuse-Me-Cosmo-On-Fairly-Odd-Parents.gif

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Thanks so much for the information! We're going to shop around for a respected place that isn't 3k. :p Hopefully all 3 procedures aren't needed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron