Who you got this weekend?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
OU @ K-State - no reason to pick the Cats
ISU @ TxT - validation day for one
oSu @ Texas - long day for horn secondary
Ku @ TCU - closer than the spread
WVU @ Baylor - bombs away

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/odds?group=12&season=2017&seasonType=1&week=8&type=0

OU @ K State - OU
ISU @ TT - ISU
OSU @ TX - OSU
KU @ TCU - TCU
WVU @ Baylor - WVU

I'd love to see a couple upsets to see the Big 12 standings get thrown into total chaos, but I'm just not seeing it this week. But that's why they play the games. We'll see. Maybe Snyder's got something up his sleeve for the Sooners.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
ISU @ TxT - validation for which one?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/odds?group=12&season=2017&seasonType=1&week=8&type=0

OU - possible hangover game, but Kstate has been struggling to score
ISU - I think our offense gets going (Montgomery in particular) and we do enough defensively to win
OSU - although Texas is very capable of winning this one IMO
TCU - like you, I think Kansas covers the spread
WVU - I want Baylor to lose and lose and lose

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
OU @ KSU - The purple cats dont have enough offensive juice to keep up with Baker
ISU @ TTU - Montgomery and Lanning have stellar rushing days, and the defense holds Tech to under 100 yards on the ground
Texas @ OSU - Texas comes out slow after the Red River loss, and Rudolph gets the Pokes up big early
TCU @ KU - KU fails to find the endzone again as the TCU defense dismantles the Jayhawks
WVU @ Baylor - Grier has another stand out game, but the Bears manage to keep it close for 3 quarters

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
OU @ K State - OU purple cats won't be able to score enough points to keep it close.
ISU @ TT - ISU - Iowa State runs the ball effectively and shortens the game. Tech moves the ball well between the 30's but struggles to score touchdowns.
OSU @ TX - TX The Horns secondary locks OSU down and makes the pokes offense look average. Rudolph won't be able to just chuck it downfield and get away with it.
KU @ TCU - TCU no comment
WVU @ Baylor - WVU because **** Baylor

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Pretty easy pick em week, IMO.

Oklahoma
Tex Tech
Oklahoma State
TCU
West Virginia

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
ISU @ TxT - validation for which one?

OU beats KSU - but I will write in purple text rest of season if KSU can pull this off

ISU beats TT - for the 5 ISU opponents ISU has played this year that they also played last year - ISU has improved the margin by an average of 22 pts/game. It has improved the margin in every one of those games. Therefore, ISU by 78. Nah, thats ridiculous. This game is at TT - ISU by 72

Texas beats OSU - I think Herman has a special defense developing in Austin, could be trouble once he gets his offense worked in.

TCU destroys KU - KU kids can only play above their level so long

WVU destroys Baylor - which burns brighter - couches or the dumpster fire called Baylor football

Reactions: TykeClone

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
I'll got with the following:
OU @ K State - OU by 17
ISU @ TT - ISU by 10
OSU @ TX - OSU by 14
KU @ TCU - TCU by 38
WVU @ Baylor - WVU by 21

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
OU @ K State - K-S-U Wildcats
ISU @ TT - If ISU wins, I won't know what to do.
OSU @ TX
KU @ TCU
WVU @ Baylor

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Huh. I've been going the other way. OSU hasn't been quite as good as I thought they'd be and Texas has been significantly better than I thought they'd be.

Same. I think the Texas defense is going to more than hold their own against the pokes. Will Texas be able to do enough offensively? That is where I'm not sure.