Media Day

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
surprised no one started one of these yet.

Quotes I have seen so far.

• Young will have more freedom on offense this year. Need him to score
  • Wigginton getting better in PnR. Will put pressure on defenses in the paint.
  • Talley is fast, will put pressure on teams in transition and can drive.
  • Jackson needs to max out for team to succeed and they need to get him good shots.
  • Lard much improved over last year.
  • Brase practicing half court 5 on 5 and brings a winning and tough mentality to the team.
  • Goal is to score 80+ PPG
  • Hopes rebounding can be better to make up for some of shooting they lost
  • Will get points in different ways than they did last year.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
What's changed? Who did we add!?

Must be that guys have improved. I think Babb and Wigginton can both be guys that hit around 35%. Jackson can hit 45%. Brase can hit them when healthy at a decent clip. Probably won't have the volume they did but no reason they can't be decent. Oh yeah and Lewis can hit them.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Also of note, Prohm said he likes his perimeter shooters.

I hope this isn't just coach-speak. Aside from losing leadership, this is easily my biggest concern going forward. I think we have guys that can drive, but we need perimeter threats to keep defenses from packing the lane.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think one thing that could help perimeter shooting is they do have guys that can drive it better than last year which can suck defenders in and get guys good looks from 3. I also think it will mean more points at the line this year than last.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Must be that guys have improved. I think Babb and Wigginton can both be guys that hit around 35%. Jackson can hit 45%. Brase can hit them when healthy at a decent clip. Probably won't have the volume they did but no reason they can't be decent. Oh yeah and Lewis can hit them.
Agreed, I was joking somewhat. Although I have been of the belief our 3P shooting isn't going to be bad, it just won't be as efficient and at such a high amount as the past few years. Which really isn't the end of the world due to the guys we have.

1 just deadly 3P shooter would be a pleasant surprise, though.:rolleyes:

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
DMXZXO2UMAEYBUr.jpg

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think both Babb and Wigginton will be very streaky, but hopefully they're good enough to be defended on the perimeter. Admittedly I've only watch Wigginton play a handful of times, but I don't think I've seen a guard that I'm expecting so much from put up as many poor 3Ps.

Our rebounding is going to be better this year. So now people can be pissed off about 3pt shooting being down. Weird how those things don’t jive isn’t it?
Weird, I didn't think our 3P shooting was connected to giving up OReb.

Set your standards higher, Gunner.

• Creative
Reactions: cloneatlaw