Park with the most "Arm Talent" in the Big 12?

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I follow these guys on twitter and they are solid. They give good coverage to the entire conference.

• Useful
Reactions: aauummm

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
It's certainly not Mayfield. I was thinking Rudolph but it's probably close between him and Park.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
According to the Land Grant Gauntlet, yes he does.

I'll be honest, I don't think I've read anything from the LGG before, but the writer seems to have done some homework before putting it out there.

http://landgrantgauntlet.com/2017/08/21/ranking-the-arm-talent-in-the-big-12/

I can't judge how accurate evaluation of "arm talent" is, but just by watching Park, you can tell he has "it."

This stood out to me (parentheses are mine): "A quarterback that can 'make every throw' (across all zones) forces the defense to defend every route." Possibly an under-valued quality.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Park may very well end up having the best season of any QB in the Big 12. He is a stud.
I would love nothing more, but so much of that hinges on the OLine. If Park can have the time to set and throw, this offense should be dangerous. If the line folds all the time like it did on Sam, it could be another tough year.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I would love nothing more, but so much of that hinges on the OLine. If Park can have the time to set and throw, this offense should be dangerous. If the line folds all the time like it did on Sam, it could be another tough year.

Not saying that o-line Sam played behind was good but man, he took forever to run through his progressions and he was way too quick to run. There was nothing more frustrating than watching Sam pull the ball down and run when you could see the open receivers.

L

LincolnWay187

That first clip reminded me how many drops we had last year.

Agreed, yet everyone on CF is all in on the WR receiver corps for this year. Hopefully that is somewhere they improve. Also if Trevor Ryan tries another one handed catch into the end zone...bench him the rest of the year. That show boating crap cost us a touchdown if I remember right

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Agreed, yet everyone on CF is all in on the WR receiver corps for this year. Hopefully that is somewhere they improve. Also if Trevor Ryan tries another one handed catch into the end zone...bench him the rest of the year. That show boating crap cost us a touchdown if I remember right

I think he lost that one in the sun and that's why he looked so strange with the one hand. I was really mad at the time, but I don't think it was him trying to showboat.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I think he lost that one in the sun and that's why he looked so strange with the one hand. I was really mad at the time, but I don't think it was him trying to showboat.

I, too, remember being pissed, but I think you're right that something happened for him to go up one handed.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Parks cannon arm + weapon after weapon after weapon at WR + a 1-2 punch at RB to take the pressure off throwing so much = a pretty damn potent offense if you ask me! With these kinds of options, it does take some (and I stress SOME) pressure off the OLine to excel. Just be serviceable and watch Park sling it downfield.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
So we win right? We're going bowling! I don't know what to do with this feeling... I'll be back.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Will you please pass what you're smoking??? It must be some good stuff.

And it's completely possible with his talent, our Wr's, and he's got s little experience under his belt now and everyone's entering their second year in the same offense.