ESPN back in the boxing business

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Anyone watch last night's unification fight at the jr welterweight level? I thought it was exciting and the undercard was pretty solid.
After last month's Pacquiao-Horn match and an upcoming rematch among others, its interesting to see ESPN get back into boxing. I watched a lot of boxing decades ago, so it's nice to see it get back on cable regularly again.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I might be willing to dive back in. Been a boxing fan all my life, but Pac losing that BS decision against Bradley was the last straw. Haven't watched since. So much corruption. Maybe I'll dip the toe back in, especially if it doesn't cost me a C note a pop.

tre

Mar 21, 2010
I might be willing to dive back in. Been a boxing fan all my life, but Pac losing that BS decision against Bradley was the last straw. Haven't watched since. So much corruption. Maybe I'll dip the toe back in, especially if it doesn't cost me a C note a pop.

good thing you didn't tune in for pacquiao/jeff horn back in july. it was pac/bradley 2.0, but maybe even worse

bud crawford is the real ******* deal - love watching him fight. plus guys like andre ward, ggg, canelo, kovalev, lomachenko...boxing has pulled me back in

Reactions: The_Gent

tre

Mar 21, 2010
also, getting fights (big fights) on espn is huge for the sport. especially when the fight includes one of the best fighters on the planet

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
good thing you didn't tune in for pacquiao/jeff horn back in july. it was pac/bradley 2.0, but maybe even worse

bud crawford is the real ******* deal - love watching him fight. plus guys like andre ward, ggg, canelo, kovalev, lomachenko...boxing has pulled me back in
I thought that body shot broke ribs.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There is a good card Sept 22nd on ESPN.

tre

Mar 21, 2010
I thought that body shot broke ribs.

me too! that was just brutal. and to drop him with that shot in the 3rd...most of the time body shots don't finish someone until later in fights

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
definitely tuning in for that. and the wknd before that we get canelo alvarez v gennady golovkin
Oscar De La Hoya's undefeated cousin is on the undercard of that one.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I love boxing. Usually go down to Kansas City because they actually have good fights down there. Boxing needs a heavyweight knockout artist though. That's what gets casual American fans

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
That pacquiao/other guy fight in early July ruined the excitement for this for me. I refuse to even learn that Australian frauds name.