Linkin Park lead singer dead.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Don't know if it's true but saw on Twitter he was really close to Cornell and today would have been Cornell's birthday.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Damn. Saw them in concert a few times. He was really good live and seemed like he left it all out on the stage.

I wish people could get the help they need before making a decision they can't change.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
He was really close with Chris Cornell, I imagine Chris' suicide probably shook him quite a bit.

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
excited for the facebook posts about how they were so connected to the singer and how emotional it has made them that theyve passed like every time a musician dies. BRB looking up what they sang so I can post about it on social media.

Linkin Park/Jay Z was the ****

It's always funny how some people try to make everything about them.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Hope he's found the peace he was looking for, but damn, leaving six kids without a father is a hell of a selfish move.

That was my thought too, but who knows with the demons people have. From his perspective he could have thought it was the best thing he could do for his kids.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Hope he's found the peace he was looking for, but damn, leaving six kids without a father is a hell of a selfish move.
My first thought about suicide will always be "selfish". I know that may be bad, but especially situations with children and family members still in your life, I can't imagine what that type of thought process would be.

Obviously there is more to this story and more reasons that have yet to come out, but still a very crappy situation. Thoughts go out to his family and friends

Reactions: Farnsworth

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It sounds selfish to people that aren't struggling with depression or addiction or whatever else people that commit suicide might be dealing with.
Agreed, and noone will ever truly know what goes through somebody else's head. But I've known and/or been close to a few people who have committed suicide, others who have died from OD's, and others who have just passed. All affect the family and loved ones in different ways, and suicide is by far the most impossible to grasp, and makes them question every interaction and conversation they had with them in the months leading up to the act or even before, putting a burden on the people who may have never had an inpact into this persons thoughts or decision to do what they did, but many blame themselves. which isn't fair. It's just hard all the way around.

I didn't mean to downplay his mental illness or depression in any way, it is just always my initial thought, unfortunately.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
It sounds selfish to people that aren't struggling with depression or addiction or whatever else people that commit suicide might be dealing with.

Agree. Had this discussion the other day. Depression is a hell of a mental state. You talk yourself in and out of things with high frequency.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hope he's found the peace he was looking for, but damn, leaving six kids without a father is a hell of a move.
Not only that but if he still has parents alive. I lost a child to an early birth and it has made life very difficult at times. As a parent, you consider yourself a protector, and when something out of your hands happens, you can still feel like you failed somewhere by not picking up on the slightest indication.
If any of you are ever going thru something like that, try every, every method available to address it. I always think that the adage "it gets better with time" is the biggest ******** line. What gets better is feeling like you can confide in people, honor your family, make an impact.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not only that but if he still has parents alive. I lost a child to an early birth and it has made life very difficult at times. As a parent, you consider yourself a protector, and when something out of your hands happens, you can still feel like you failed somewhere by not picking up on the slightest indication.
If any of you are ever going thru something like that, try every, every method available to address it. I always think that the adage "it gets better with time" is the biggest ******** line. What gets better is feeling like you can confide in people, honor your family, make an impact.

Yeah, I've gotten pretty depressed before (ended up getting medicated for it which helped a bunch) but never really contemplated ending it all because I really don't want to die before my mother.

That sounds quite dark so here's a picture of a kitten.

200_s.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron