ISU men cheering on the women

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Did anyone else see at the end of the women's game yesterday the ISU men's team standing in the seats near the tunnel cheering on the women's team? Wesley really stood out jumping up and down with a big smile on his face. I just thought it was good for the men's team there to support.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
The article in the register also mentioned it.

"If that wasn't enough, the senior point guard scored seven of the Cyclones' nine points in the extra session, then high-fived men's star Mike Taylor after a thrilling 79-76 win before a crowd of 5,787 at the Cox Convention Center."

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
yea not sure you woulda saw that out of Wayne's teams, he had them in their own little world, McDermott has had the guys at at least one game, I am sure more than that, I love to see that kind of stuff, cuz you have always seen a group of the girls team at the mens games, so it is great to see.

joepublic

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Fennelly said on his postgame that he asked the Big 12 to move their shootaround time today so as not to conflict with the men's game. He wants his team there. If the Big12 won't adjust it, they won't have a shootaround, he said.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Fennelly was just on the radio. They adjusted it so their shootaround would be a little after 9, giving them plenty of time to head to them mens game. Go Clones!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is starting to make me think it's not so much a "men's" team and a "women's" team but one "Cyclone" team. Just the way it should be.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I caught the last 10 minutes of regulation and overtime. I can't say that I've ever pumped my fist and cheered a womens game but I was really excited the way they pulled it off. Medders shot was incredible!!!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
McD had the basketball team go to all the football games as well. He's all about getting his guys into the community which I think is great.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
i think we've got two of the best coaches in basketball. they love their players, have proven they know how to coach, and really care about the program and university.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
I have to say I never really watch the womans games but I did yesturday and I concur that I was cheering at work yesturday when medders hit that shot to tie it up.

Of course I didn't turn off the tv either after the game was over and heard the steve alford show.

It was funny when they were tlaking about the penn state game he was talking about how the players didn't do what he wanted defensivley.

Then when they talked about the illinois game. He said I gave them the plan and they executed it perfectly and they won.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I caught the last 10 minutes of regulation and overtime. I can't say that I've ever pumped my fist and cheered a womens game but I was really excited the way they pulled it off. Medders shot was incredible!!!

I caught the last 8 minutes of reg and OT. What a clutch shot by Medders at the end of regulation! A 3 as she's falling to the left and nothing but net. That was a big time shot.

I noticed the men there too. I wouldn't rag on Wayne's teams, I think the men's and women's teams have always supported each other. This year they just might be a little more supportive. You can't blame them. I bet the Nebraska men's team wasn't there, did you see their women? Ick..

Last edited:

joepublic

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
McD had the basketball team go to all the football games as well. He's all about getting his guys into the community which I think is great.

Yea, I saw Jiri walking around the stadium at half time one game last fall, drinking a cheap beer. I told him he needed to drink a better quality beer if he wanted to put some weight on.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Yea, I saw Jiri walking around the stadium at half time one game last fall, drinking a cheap beer. I told him he needed to drink a better quality beer if he wanted to put some weight on.

Talk is cheap...did you get him a better quality beer??? Probably good that you didn't, 'cuz it would likely have violated some NCAA rule...

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
This is starting to make me think it's not so much a "men's" team and a "women's" team but one "Cyclone" team. Just the way it should be.

This is the best post I've read quite some time. Cyclone pride!