Remastered Beatles Coming in September

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Nothing better than making money off of nothing. Remasters are fun, but until they decided to do that, you were happy with how it was right? The thing that intrigues me when they do this are releasing demos and early renditions. Those are kind of fun to hear for fans.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Interesting. I just picked up the reproduced version of Pearl Jam "Ten". That wasn't so much remastered, as they took the main tapes and completely redid the production w/Brendan O'Brien. It's a big change imo, and a good one too. Ten has always sounded very dated (especially compared to the rest of their work) from a production standpoint, and much too "slick". It rocks much harder now. It also has 6 unrealeased songs including Brother (which ******* rocks face), Breath, and State of Love and Trust. Previoulsy unreleased MTV Unplugged DVD too. Worth it, imo.

Hopefully the Beatles come out good as well. I would pick up a remastered Abbey Road.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Both 'Ten' and the remastered Beatles have and are coming to Rock Band. The Pearl Jam album is out now as DLC for Rock Band, and the Beatles are getting a stand alone game called "Rock Band : Beatles ed." Tracks can be imported. Just an FYI.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Both 'Ten' and the remastered Beatles have and are coming to Rock Band. The Pearl Jam album is out now as DLC for Rock Band, and the Beatles are getting a stand alone game called "Rock Band : Beatles ed." Tracks can be imported. Just an FYI.

The day they come out with Guitar Hero: Pearl Jam, I'm all over it. I would probably flunk out of life if that happens...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Interesting. I just picked up the reproduced version of Pearl Jam "Ten". That wasn't so much remastered, as they took the main tapes and completely redid the production w/Brendan O'Brien. It's a big change imo, and a good one too. Ten has always sounded very dated (especially compared to the rest of their work) from a production standpoint, and much too "slick". It rocks much harder now. It also has 6 unrealeased songs including Brother (which ******* rocks face), Breath, and State of Love and Trust. Previoulsy unreleased MTV Unplugged DVD too. Worth it, imo.

Hopefully the Beatles come out good as well. I would pick up a remastered Abbey Road.

You hadnt heard those before?

Breath and State of Love and Trust were on the Singles movie soundtrack and Brother was on Lost Dogs. Although I know they remastered Brother for the set. They radio here has been playing it like its a new studio release.

Last edited: