Stock up on your Templeton Rye

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Sales have exceeded supply. A drought is now occurring. Find it, hold it, for it could be 3 years until you see more of it.

I have 2 bottles. I want more.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Chad

Sep 10, 2007
Ankeny, IA
1. Economy/unemployment rate is causing people to drink more?
or
2. Poor sales forecasting by the company
or
3. Great marketing idea :)
or
4. A little of each

Reactions: cyfanatic

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I usually get my booze at Dirty John's in Iowa City, and when they have none and tell me to find it and hold it, I tend to take them seriously.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
1. Economy/unemployment rate is causing people to drink more?
or
2. Poor sales forecasting by the company
or
3. Great marketing idea :)
or
4. A little of each

They opened up the market to Chicago Land , increasing sales so that they are simply running out. This stuff takes 5 years to age ,so when a rush on what you thought would hold you over until more has been properly crafted, you have a supply problem. I'm sure we will get a 10 year version in a few years also.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
source on this?

The guy who runs the liquor dept. at John's Grocery in iowa City. I have a bottle signed by the owners of the distillery obtained when they came and did a tasting at John's. Since he is in direct contact with distribution, I'm sure he knows what he is talking about. If he didn't, it would be on the shelves.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I've always thought it was a little too pricey, maybe its just me. Yeah the novelty is cool but is it worth that much?

$32 for top shelf isn't too bad. Maybe the price should be lower in Iowa, but in Chicago and surrounding look-alike villages, the pay anywhere from 40-50 for the stuff.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I'm not arguing with the fact that its pretty good but I still think $32 is steep for booze made in Iowa. I mean 10-12 year imported scotch is in the 35-40 price range.
Why does it matter where it's made? Good booze is good booze. Just because it comes from Iowa doesn't mean it can't be great.

Judge with your tastebuds, not your biases.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Sales have exceeded supply. A drought is now occurring. Find it, hold it, for it could be 3 years until you see more of it.

I have 2 bottles. I want more.

How do we know that you aren't simply trying to manipulate the market for this particular whiskey, akin to what the speculators did with the oil market last year???