Has anyone purchased MLB.TV?

Jay_Clone

Mar 26, 2006
Johnston
I was thinking about it since the Braves are no longer on TBS and the only games I would be able to see are the ones on ESPN. I could do the direct TV package. I guess I am just curious what people have thought about it that have used it.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I have it and love it... I'm upgrading my monitor this weekend... I can already tell by the spring training and WBC games that they have really upgraded the picture quality...

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Would love to. But since we live in DSM and the Cubs are blacked out here..... :arghh:

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Also since I live in Ames, I miss out on the cubs, Cards, twins, brewers, white sox and royals...stupid black out stuff

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
As a Braves fan myself, I feel your pain!:sad::sad: I had it last year and it was good, but this year they did some HUGE upgrades that look to be really solid!! If you want to check it out for free they have the muts v sox at 5 tonight... new opening of chiti ballpark..Hopefully Chipper can name another kid after it....if u want to check it out, all u need is an mlb account:wink:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I do the audio. Nothing like a Friday afternoon of listening to Pat and Ron at work.
I'll put up the mlb pitch by pitch thing and watch that once in a while too.

smcdowell

Aug 25, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I got MLBTV the second half of last season and I wished I'd have gotten it the entire season. Very much worth it, if you're out of your team's market.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I have mediacom so I can't watch it on tv, but I've got it on my computer and one of my sons tells me he can hook it up to my hdtv. Computer is good but on hdtv would be great.

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
Which would you rather have, the MLB.TV service or the audio only feed? I'm debating between both.

Without a doubt get the tv package! The quality this year is HD and looked sweet when hooked up to my TV!!!:notworthy::notworthy:

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
I too am a Braves fan and have had the Extra Innings package for the last 3 years. Aside from the stupid black out market we are supposedly in, I love everything about it.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Which would you rather have, the MLB.TV service or the audio only feed? I'm debating between both.

Definately go all out and get the TV...

IF you are worried about blackouts, change your billing adress on your credit card to a friends or relatives out of state, way out of state and go paperless and register for MLB.com in the same adress... Luckily, I have a friend in Alaska and don't miss any games!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Definately go all out and get the TV...

IF you are worried about blackouts, change your billing adress on your credit card to a friends or relatives out of state, way out of state and go paperless and register for MLB.com in the same adress... Luckily, I have a friend in Alaska and don't miss any games!

Does that work? I've read on other forums that they now enforce your blackout based on your IP location.

My sister in law lives in LA - so I have the contact.

The other half of this is I'm using my inability to see the Cubs on Comcast as an excuse with my wife to get DirecTV. :biggrin:

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
it's done by IP address....i would recommend mlbtv if you're serious about watching a lot of games. We won't go into how stupid blackout restrictions for iowa are....but I WILL say....

if you're in a blackout area....you should probably google "anonymous browsing" ..... be a shame if someone were to ever steal your IP address and pretend to be you. You should use the internet while pretending to be from seattle to be safe..... :wink:

but jayclone - if you're watching braves games from iowa, you should have no problem :smile:

Last edited:

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
The MLB blackout rules suck. If you live in Iowa, you're in 7 blackout regions. If you live in Minneapolis, you're in 1..... Doesn't seem fair, especially since Iowa doesn't have a home team...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron