7 point underdogs

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Just saw we're 7 point underdogs to OU. Guess they're giving them some points for "homecourt" advantage. I see this game ending up closer than this...any thoughts??

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
Just saw we're 7 point underdogs to OU. Guess they're giving them some points for "homecourt" advantage. I see this game ending up closer than this...any thoughts??

meh...I dunno, I think the game will be close. I also think that we should be dogs going into the game too. I don't disagree with that, it just sucks it's so close to home for them.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
meh...I dunno, I think the game will be close. I also think that we should be dogs going into the game too. I don't disagree with that, it just sucks it's so close to home for them.

The Aggies are the ones that should really be p-o-ed. They are the #2 seed and have to (probably) play Okie state in their back yard right off the bat. If anybody has been to the tourney at KC or Dallas either one, you know how well the Cowboys travel. I can't imagine how many will be out scalping in Oklahoma City. I'm just imagining a sea of orange non-stop in there. I'm hoping ISU has a good contingent...it just sucks that it's during the day down there too. This is the first year in the last 5 that I won't be able to make the trip. Here's hoping we pull off two upsets so I can actually watch a game. Well, I gotta go run off about 50 coloring sheets for my students to work on from 11:30-2 Thursday and Friday so I can kick back and check updates on the computer. :yes4lo:

cyQlone

Feb 16, 2007
Des Moines, IA
You teachers make me sick...am I the only one dedicated in the profession? I bust my butt all day everyday. Oh wait, does CycloneFanatic count as work? This is all I've been doing the past week.

Apr 14, 2006
I'm going to just go ahead and say what everyone is secretly thinking: ISU will take the Big 12 tourney and rip into March madness.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I understand us being underdogs to a team that has to travel 20 miles, but 7 points is a bit ridiculous. OU has lost its last 6 games, while ISU has gone 3-3, not to mention ISU winning the head to head. I dont disagree with ISU being the underdog, but 7 points is too much IMO.