Good Pujols Article

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I see they danced around the steroids issue with him - you have to be Stevie Wonder not to notice how much smaller he's been the last couple of years...

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
I see they danced around the steroids issue with him - you have to be Stevie Wonder not to notice how much smaller he's been the last couple of years...

I don't see that he's gotten any smaller at all. He has always been "stocky" and I think he still is. I also disagree about the "dancing around the steroids issue". The article said he had never tested positive for steroids and was not mentioned in the Mitchell Report. He denied using steroids to the interviewer and said he would never use them because it would be "stupid" and make his family embarrassed.

GO CYCLONES!!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think the only ones that are still accusing Pujols of 'roiding up are bitter Cubs fans that can only wish they had someone as talented as Pujols playing for them...

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
I think the only ones that are still accusing Pujols of 'roiding up are bitter Cubs fans that can only wish they had someone as talented as Pujols playing for them...

why would cubs fans be bitter about winning the central the last two years (and a third this year)?? I am a cub fan and am not bitter about pujols at all. He is a great player.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
A great Pujols article was written earlier this month in Sports Illustrated (it was the cover story). It covered extensively the steriod issue and tried very hard to show those in the public he has not and will not, especially concerning his religious beliefs, take steriods.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
why would cubs fans be bitter about winning the central the last two years (and a third this year)?? I am a cub fan and am not bitter about pujols at all. He is a great player.

A. I didn't say ALL Cubs fans, I said "bitter Cubs fans" - that only implies some.

B. When was the last time the Cardinals won the World Series? 2006? When was the last time the Cubs won it? When was the last time they were even there? That's enough to make a lot of people drunk on Old Style quite bitter...

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Keep thinking that. Cardinal fans wish their team had the Cubs pitching staff.

I do not. Yes, the Cubs do have a better pitching staff. Yes, the Cubs are the clearly the better all-around team right now, and have been for the last couple years.

However, the Cards have won 10 World Series since the last time the Cubs have even been there. I am in no way jealous of the Cubs.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
A. I didn't say ALL Cubs fans, I said "bitter Cubs fans" - that only implies some.

B. When was the last time the Cardinals won the World Series? 2006? When was the last time the Cubs won it? When was the last time they were even there? That's enough to make a lot of people drunk on Old Style quite bitter...

Why, you could be a member of the mainstream media! Also, Old Style is disgusting, but I'll still be drinking one this year - for the home opener.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Why, you could be a member of the mainstream media! Also, Old Style is disgusting, but I'll still be drinking one this year - for the home opener.

Please - everyone knows it was 1908 and 1945, resepectively.

To make this sound even more pathetic, of the 14 teams that have entered the league since the Cubs last MADE the world series, 11 of them have made the World Series since the Cubs have last been there. Hell, 6 of them have WON the World Series since the Cubs have last been there - some of them multiple times...

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
However, the Cards have won 10 World Series since the last time the Cubs have even been there.

Really? I bet your wrong. Point taken though.

Pujols is a good guy who i've never routed against. Baseball needs more class acts like him.

Fair or not anyone who was coached by LaRussa will be mixed up in the steroid scandal.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

Pujols is a good guy who i've never routed against. Baseball needs more class acts like him.

Fair or not anyone who was coached by LaRussa will be mixed up in the steroid scandal.

He's right, although they may not all have come after 1945. The Cardinals had some good teams in the 1930s and some good teams in the 60's.

They're the NL's answer to the Yankees, you know. :jimlad::wideeyed:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL

Hmm, you're right. The Cubs last appeared in 1945. The Cards have won 5 since then: in '46, '64, '67, '82, and '06. My bad.

List of World Series winners - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can amend my earlier statement and say the Cards have won 10 since the Cubs have last won it.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
A great Pujols article was written earlier this month in Sports Illustrated (it was the cover story). It covered extensively the steriod issue and tried very hard to show those in the public he has not and will not, especially concerning his religious beliefs, take steriods.

Do you know if this article is online anywhere? I'm a huge Cardinals fan and my dad told me about the article, but threw away the issue :skeptical::confused::skeptical::confused: