Darius Smith to Uconn!

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Class Of 2009 Chicago Marshall Star Darius Smith Of The Illinois Warriors Decides To Play His College Basketball For Head Coach Jim Calhoun, And The University Of Connecticut
I figured he was just blowing smoke when he said Uconn had offered, but apparently it was for real. I'm suprised as anyone. FYI, we could have had a commit from smith in December, due to his relationship with Colvin, and since Minnesota withdrew their offer after landing a point, but we decided that there were too many issues with him

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Please tell me we at least tried to get him again once we knew Mann and Eik were gone.
He was already gone, plus there were some "extenuating circumstances" with Darius Smith. Let's just say I wasn't suprised Gillispie was previously involved with him. :wink:

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Here's the thing I don't get. Clearly he hasn't changed his abilities magically overnight. He is still the same player whether he goes to UConn or not. We shouldn't wish he got him now when we didn't 2 days ago.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
He was already gone, plus there were some "extenuating circumstances" with Darius Smith. Let's just say I wasn't suprised Gillispie was previously involved with him. :wink:

Gotcha, well that makes since that Calhoun was involved then!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron