some missing players???

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
on the new roster, i didn't see Ernest Ferguson, Cameron Bell or Nick Harklau. those guys weren't seniors, so i was wondering if anyone knew what was up with those guys? Bell and Ferguson saw some good PT last year,... Alex Sandvig wasn't on the roster either

Ernest Ferguson, Cameron Bell = left team
Nick Harklau= who?
Alex Sandvig =not sure.

There are threads here somewhere on the first 2.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
IIRC, Alex suffered a career ending injury last season. There was a slight chance that he'd be able to return, but it wasn't very likely.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Nick Harklau= who?
Alex Sandvig =not sure.

Correct. Harklau graduated so he decided to end his football career. I believe Sandvig is done too.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
IIRC, Alex suffered a career ending injury last season. There was a slight chance that he'd be able to return, but it wasn't very likely.

That sucks for Alex. What with Valley kids and knees.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
That sucks for Alex. What with Valley kids and knees.

Don't know. I'm just waiting for one of these Valley kids to really make a big impression while at ISU. They all seem to come in and barely play.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Nick Harklau= who?
Alex Sandvig =not sure.

I believe Nick H grad early...excellent student. Was hurt all last year from surgery that didn't fix his shoulder in the off season.

Z

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Don't know. I'm just waiting for one of these Valley kids to really make a big impression while at ISU. They all seem to come in and barely play.

Maybe that will be Jake McDonough how terrible it would be to have someone dominate at the tackle position for more then one year!!!!

Hope your a monster Jake!!!!

BEACHBUM

Oct 23, 2006
Des Moines
That really sucks about Sandvig. I had high hopes for him to be a real contributor to the program. We talk of recruiting local talent that has a real emotional stake in ISU and its success. Alex was one of those guys I believed. Thought that he was going to carry that torch. I wish him the best and that his injury never hampers his personal life.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Nick decided not to come back to the team when he found out he was gonna be a babies daddy.