Iraq Police get cussed out *video*

sinbad

Feb 10, 2009
NSFW, but one of the funniest things I have ever seen
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1GrdTakvl8"]YouTube - Lazy Iraqi Police get motivational speech[/ame]

Last edited:

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Kind of makes you wonder why we would spend trillions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives on both sides for people that obviously don't like us and don't want us there. Well at least we changed the balance of power from the Sunni's to the Shiites and their Iranian buddies.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
I can't watch at work. What happened? Did they take Marty's other press pass?

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I think the guy in the video is an idiot, and I hope he's on the streets, out of work. After he gets stripped of rank and retirement. If he worked for me, I'd UCMJ his butt for Conduct Unbecoming, at the very least. Trust me, that's not the way you motivate multinational soldiers to perform.

An incompetent idiot and a disgrace to the uniform.

That worthless punk just undid a lot of work that his betters have worked on for years to do.

Reactions: DaddyMac

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I think the guy in the video is an idiot, and I hope he's on the streets, out of work. After he gets stripped of rank and retirement. If he worked for me, I'd UCMJ his butt for Conduct Unbecoming, at the very least. Trust me, that's not the way you motivate multinational soldiers to perform.

That worthless punk just undid a lot of work that his betters have worked on for years to do.

I was hoping you'd say something like that.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Right idea, WRONG way to present it. He's treating them like they are low-life scumballs and that only pisses them off. I can understand where he is angry and frustrated because his life and his troops lives are in danger and if the Iraqi police aren't doing their job, it becomes that much worse. He does need to learn how to use some tact, though.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

Absolutely right. He probably just made the situation worse.

Recruitment for the militias and the deserting rate for the police probably doubled that afternoon. What an idiot.

Last edited:

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX

I was going to give you some rep for this but I guess I need to spread it around a bit. I wasn't sure how to present my feeling on this as I usually try to stay away from offering any type of personal thoughts regarding Military matters on a message board but I agree with your post completely, the sad part is we still have those "types" coming through the system now, just one of those things and it is our job to weed them out through performance evals and one on one training. Like many other things in life, the minority can make the majority look bad.

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008

Yeah you're right, they probably don't even take him seriously, he puts a bad name on U.S. troops.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
You know, my problem isn't with his frustration. God knows, I've felt it. My problem is that what he did was ineffective, and showing his frustration made him look weak in the eyes of his host nation mentorees.

It's kind of like men and women griping about the opposite sex; what purpose does it do? There are ways to be effective. There are ways to be ineffective. I choose to not complain about the things that I cannot change, and ruck up and do the things I CAN change.

I detest golf, but there is a golf phrase I dearly love: "You have to play the course". It's a more erudite version of "suck it up and drive on." There just isn't any fair, so don't worry about things that appear "unfair" to you. Personally, I "get" that my guys have all sorts of different goals/interests/objectives. I get things done by trying to get mine to track with theirs, whether they are a militia guy, or Taliban, or just plain lazy.

I'm surprised by how many guys I work with absolutely hate it here, and hate their coalition partners/host nation mentorees, what have you. I just choose to pick the corn out of the turd and have a great day, instead.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
You know, my problem isn't with his frustration. God knows, I've felt it. My problem is that what he did was ineffective, and showing his frustration made him look weak in the eyes of his host nation mentorees.

It's kind of like men and women griping about the opposite sex; what purpose does it do? There are ways to be effective. There are ways to be ineffective. I choose to not complain about the things that I cannot change, and ruck up and do the things I CAN change.

I detest golf, but there is a golf phrase I dearly love: "You have to play the course". It's a more erudite version of "suck it up and drive on." There just isn't any fair, so don't worry about things that appear "unfair" to you. Personally, I "get" that my guys have all sorts of different goals/interests/objectives. I get things done by trying to get mine to track with theirs, whether they are a militia guy, or Taliban, or just plain lazy.

I'm surprised by how many guys I work with absolutely hate it here, and hate their coalition partners/host nation mentorees, what have you. I just choose to pick the corn out of the turd and have a great day, instead.

Two fantastic posts in this thread, and I have the same inability to give you rep!

The frustration that he was expressing and the things he implied were probably common and correct, respectively. However, any militia members present weren't going to change their actions due to this (as it probably reflected their expectations) and any Iraqi present who was actually trying to do the right thing would likely be alienated by such comments.

Surely there are elements who will always try to infiltrate such organizations for their own purposes, and that has to be kept in mind, but those who are honestly trying to help restore their country are exhibiting immeasurable courage by choosing not to stand on the sidelines.

scubapohl1

Jun 1, 2006
Panama City Beach, FL
As a career military officer with 25 years in uniform (3 in the Middle East), I concur with Phaedrus. Certinally not conduct you want or expect from an NCO or junior officer. Having said that, I have a hard time condeming him for it because I dont know the circumstances that lead up to this. Its easy to judge based on just a 5 minute rant.

Reactions: Phaedrus

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I more often than not agree with what you say, especially here, but I REALLY did not need to read that :eek:

Reactions: Phaedrus

sinbad

Feb 10, 2009
I hate to disagree with Phaedrus, but he has reason to be pissed and I don't think the way he reacted was neither innefective nor counterproductive. From what I can tell, he knew a good portion of those policemen were part of the Mahdi Army and that is complete bull.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I hate to disagree with Phaedrus, but he has reason to be pissed and I don't think the way he reacted was neither innefective nor counterproductive. From what I can tell, he knew a good portion of those policemen were part of the Mahdi Army and that is complete bull.

He surely had a reason to be mad, but you've got to keep your eyes on the goal. I fail to see a positive other than venting his own frustration.

As my dad always says, "when you're up to your *** in alligators, just remember that your objective is to drain the swamp".