MLB: Anyone else that can't stand Joe Morgan?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
When he's not talking about himself or his playing days, all I hear right now is excuses on why Japan is beating USA right now.

Can't stand the guy. Luckily, he's with my favorite broadcaster in baseball, so I guess I have to take the good in with the bad.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
I cant stand him. I spend every sunday night making fun of his stupid remarks

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
This thread would be a lot shorter if you asked people to post who do like Joe Morgan.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Joe Morgan is a ******* tool. Nobody cares about how fast you were when you played Joe. What I would like is for Morgan to call him out once in awhile when Morgan makes things up and passes them along as fact. Like "Banks Boulevard" at Wrigley.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't like many commentators, and he is wayyyyy down the list of good ones. Guy is terrible.
I remember hearing him make a good point last year, and it blew me away. Most of the time revkah thought he was pretty obvious, and she has hardly watched any baseball.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
When he's not talking about himself or his playing days, all I hear right now is excuses on why Japan is beating USA right now.

Can't stand the guy. Luckily, he's with my favorite broadcaster in baseball, so I guess I have to take the good in with the bad.

Then you have bad taste in baseball announcers. As an analyst, he's terrible.

Joe Morgan is so despised that he inspired his own sports blog, dedicated to pointing out bads sports journalism. They shut down last year, but damn they were good. You could always count on Fire Joe Morgan to point out his BS during the season.

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/

Last edited:

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Joe is terrible. I've disliked his announcing forever.

Unfortunately, I don't mind his partner.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Joe is terrible. I've disliked his announcing forever.

Unfortunately, I don't mind his partner.

Jon Miller is great. It's a wonder why ESPN felt the need to saddle him with two deadbeats in the booth with him. Joe is....well, himself, and Phillips brings nothing to the table as far as insight is concerned.

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
There have been a lot of rumors about Jon Miller not being happy with ESPN because they will not pull Joe Morgan from Sunday Nights. Apparently Miller is not a big fan of Morgan at all.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Miller has the best baseball voice ever. At least to me.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Miller is by far the best play by play baseball guy out there.

I too am tired of Joe morgan talk about how good he was.