ISU Athletics /Wrestling

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I posted this in another thread:

How do you motivate these kids to wrestle? They wrestle so conservative and show no emotion. If losing and getting embarrassed doesn't motivate you, I question what kind of competitor you are. Nothing in life is just handed to you…you got to fight for championships and ISU doesn’t have that mentality.
Very disappointed…It seems like ISU athletics overall is content with sub par performances at best. Being the laughing stock of sports in the state doesn’t settle well with me.

Reactions: CyBobby

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Good question. You would think being physical starts in the wrestling room. CS has been saying the team needs to be my physical and aggressive for 2 years now. The other part is the makeup of the wrestlers.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Have you seen the Iowa basketball program?

Give Cael a chance, I think he's going to take the program in a really good direction. Football's rebuilding but with Rhoads, his hires, and some really good recruiting pipelines down south football looks to be in good hands.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
If I hear someone say time will take of everything is crazy. Tell that to my old man who hasn't seen to many great moments in ISU history over the last 55 years. Hasn't the fans of ISU waited long enough?

Reactions: sunset and Wesley

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Heck... Since we are ISU fans... The solution to everything is FIRE the Coach... SO SEE YOU CAEL.. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you..:jimlad:

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Look at Iowa football and wrestling. They find a way to win when everything is stacked against them.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Who said fire?

I've seen posts the last day or so saying he should be fired. People think Pollard needs to be fired. People think Coach Mac needs to be fired.... So I'm just being consistent with the rest of the board.

If your not on the firing bandwagon then your getting left behind.:jimlad:

Plus... Sarcasm pirate was used in this and the other thread.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
These threads tend that way. He's seen a few, and sometimes they all look the same.

I'm not saying that you were going for the fire Cael thread, but this trend crosses all three major men's sports.
Well anyone who says fire the coach doesn't think about things logically.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Wow... Guess wrestling fans are not the sarcastic bunch... Always knew they were wired different

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Go back and look at the threads regarding Big 10 football. That conference wasn't that impressive.
They still find a way to get to a big bowl and win. ISU can play an easy schedule and we still can't find a way to win 1 game in the conf.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
They still find a way to get to a big bowl and win. ISU can play an easy schedule and we still can't find a way to win 1 game in the conf.

Solution.... Change your name to 2forIowa... Then cheer for the Hawks??? Sounds like an easy way to cheer for someone who always gets to a big bowl and wins.. Which I don't agree they do, but to each there own.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
We had a breakdown on the defensive end. I think the breakdown was our defense.
Nobody would have gone with that defense.
And when the Hawks lost all their running backs that wasn't a breakdown in the backfield? They still found a way to go to a bowl.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I posted this in another thread:

How do you motivate these kids to wrestle? They wrestle so conservative and show no emotion. If losing and getting embarrassed doesn't motivate you, I question what kind of competitor you are. Nothing in life is just handed to you…you got to fight for championships and ISU doesn’t have that mentality.
Very disappointed…It seems like ISU athletics overall is content with sub par performances at best. Being the laughing stock of sports in the state doesn’t settle well with me.
I guess that I just didn't see it that way at all at the end of this season. Top to bottom, our lineup was fired up for the last three dual meets, Big 12s, and the NCAAs. Z's match with Erekson this morning, and Reader's match last night are the only two where I thought it was piddled.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
We scored 84 points in 09 and 72 points in 08. We finished 6th last year and 3rd this year. I know everyone thought we would win, well Cyclone fans anyway, but we finished where the people in the know picked us. It appears on paper the guys wrestled better than last year. If you take off your cardinal and gold glasses and look at it from the outside the guys improved year over year but not enough to get the NC.

Reactions: ericlambi