The masters

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I love the commercial about Amen corner and it shows all the bad shots, especially when the guy hits the tree trunk with his club.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Saw the first one last night and it got me pretty jazzed up.

I know I'm going out on a limb here :)jimlad:), but is Augusta '09 where we see Tiger re-establish himself on top of the golf world?

My guess is yes.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Sorry DaddyMac.. I don't think he is ready yet. I will be routing for a "no-name" as they say.

-keep.

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
Des Moines native and Hoover High alum Jack Newman will be participating this year. He is a Junior at Michigan State and won the U. S. Public Links Championship last summer in Colorado which carries an automatic entry into Augusta with it each year. I will be pulling for him as I grew up and went to school with one of his older brothers.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Sorry DaddyMac.. I don't think he is ready yet. I will be routing for a "no-name" as they say.

-keep.

I would've said the same thing about the US Open last year too.. :wink:

I'm not a Tiger fan, by any means. (don't have anything against him). I've just learned that Tiger+ major tournament = impossible happens.

If I'm rooting for anyone, it's Zach or Padraig Harrington.

Edit: Throw 15's nomiation for Jack Newman on my "rooting for" list. I'll always pull for the local kids.

Last edited:

Chad

Sep 10, 2007
Ankeny, IA
The commercials always get me psyched up. Another no name winning this year?

Oh the winner will most certainly have a name. Not sure what that name will be, but I bet they will have one. Can you imagine the confusion if someone one but didn't have a name? Or what if more than one person playing didn't have a name, they they would be confused as to who shot which score. Thank goodness they dont' wear jerseys with names on the back, someone might put "No Name" on their jersey, but then that would become his name, like "He Hate Me".

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines native and Hoover High alum Jack Newman will be participating this year. He is a Junior at Michigan State and won the U. S. Public Links Championship last summer in Colorado which carries an automatic entry into Augusta with it each year. I will be pulling for him as I grew up and went to school with one of his older brothers.

Is he brothers with Dave?

JHpsyclonz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa City
I got to go to The Masters last year and it was probably one of the greatest experiences I will ever have. If anyone ever gets a chance to go jump all over it. Also, beer and sandwiches are only $2
Posted via Mobile Device

Piggypen6

Dec 12, 2008
Florence, AL
My money is on the course laying it to some of the players, happens every year. Beautiful place, I was able to go see it once with no one on it. Shame we couldn't play it, but atleast I got to see it.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
What happened to Ernie Els and Vijay Singh? About 5 years ago when Tiger was struggling these two guys duked out for every major it seemed. Now they are rarely in the picture...

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I got to go to The Masters last year and it was probably one of the greatest experiences I will ever have. If anyone ever gets a chance to go jump all over it. Also, beer and sandwiches are only $2
Posted via Mobile Device

You mind telling us what you spent on tickets and everything...I'd love to go someday but I assumed it was impossible to get tickets and stuff.