Rooski

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFEZmPlvZ3c&feature=related]YouTube - Trick Plays - ESPN College Gameday - 09/29/07[/ame]

Heckuva watch anyways, but there were two things that I noticed:

1. Oregon's stadium (Autzen Stadium) is amazing. Not sure if you can see it at the beginning, but you can sure see it at the end.
2. I think there's a little glimpse of our Iowa State boys running a trick play in there...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I have family that lives by Eugene and he swears Autzen is just amazing. I really want to go there sometime.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I definitely want to get out there to a game, too. Oregon State's athletic department has to feel like such a "little brother," what with mega-millionaire Phil Knight donating tons of money to the Oregon athletic department.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
2. I think there's a little glimpse of our Iowa State boys running a trick play in there...
I thought the same thing. I had to go back and pause during that segment four or five times to determine that it's actually USC, not ISU. If you catch it at just the right moment, you can see the gold swipe of the brush-thing on their logo's helmet. You can also just barely see that they have one shoulder stripe, not two.

Of course, the big tip-off (that I didn't even realize until just now) is that they're playing Michigan. Away. We've only had these uniforms for one year, and I'm fairly certain we didn't play any games up in Ann Arbor last fall...

It just goes to show you how similar the uniforms are, though, when even die-hard fans get confused!

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa State was in there. Good Thread. Also hloy **** thats an awssome stadium oregon has.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
That was also the game where ISU led 47-21...and lost 50-47. On Homecoming.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Ohhhh, I completely missed that. I thought we were talking about the play at the very end of the video. I guess I wouldn't have recognized the 2:55 one as ISU, but I believe it!

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Any other stadiums you guys absolutely have to get to? Seeing Autzen in that video puts that in my top ten, for sure.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Any other stadiums you guys absolutely have to get to? Seeing Autzen in that video puts that in my top ten, for sure.
I really want to visit Husky Stadium at Washington. Tailgating on a BOAT? Yes please! Check it out:

place_stadium.jpg

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I was actually in Seattle last summer for a few days, and had the opportunity to see the outside of that stadium (although not on a gameday). Pretty sweet architecture, and with a history like Washington has, it'd definitely be pretty cool to see it at full-strength, I agree.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I definitely want to get out there to a game, too. Oregon State's athletic department has to feel like such a "little brother," what with mega-millionaire Phil Knight donating tons of money to the Oregon athletic department.

I've heard that, while it's not nearly as much as what Oregon gets, OSU really has nothing to complain about when it comes to donations from Phil Knight (well, maybe except for the "man-bra" football unis from two years ago)...