Ruskie gives the US 1 year

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
is this the same guy that said this about 4-6 months ago.. and didn't know a damn thing about America, geography and such?

-keep

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yeah, things might be bad in this country right now, but last time I checked things weren't so bad that we were just going to pack it in as a nation much as he said.

And then I read this gem:

But he said the recent economic turmoil in the U.S. and other "social and cultural phenomena" led him to nail down a specific timeframe for "The End" — when the United States will break up into six autonomous regions and Alaska will revert to Russian control.

And then I realized that's what this is all about. The Russians are still convinced that somehow they got ripped off when they sold Alaska to the United States and continue to insist that Alaska still legally belongs to them and continue to demand that we turn it over to them since they are the rightful owners.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
There's certainly a distinct possibility that he is right in a general sort of way, but I think half of what he says is hardline propaganda and the other half is based on a complete lack of understanding of our culture. If things do go to ****, it will be in a way that is completely different than he is expecting.

I also think the prediction of Obama declaring martial law is ridiculous. The ****storm that that would create would be immense, and Obama would not have the support of the military for such a drastic measure.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Russian envy...

They figure since it happened to them, it has to happened to us.

No doubt we have probems, but I'd say the core of the country is pretty darn healthy. Apathy is what kills countries and there's very little of that right now in our political process..

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Maybe Iowa State sports programs can do better in Canada's version of the NCAA!:biglaugh::wideeyed:

Maybe Iowa State sports programs can do better in Canada's version of the NCAA, eh!

We need to start speaking canadianese now.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
There's certainly a distinct possibility that he is right in a general sort of way, but I think half of what he says is hardline propaganda and the other half is based on a complete lack of understanding of our culture. If things do go to ****, it will be in a way that is completely different than he is expecting.

I also think the prediction of Obama declaring martial law is ridiculous. The ****storm that that would create would be immense, and Obama would not have the support of the military for such a drastic measure.

I agree. A military coup would happen about two seconds after it was declared. But maybe a civil war wouldn't be all bad. If our net worths are destroyed, what is the incentive to remain peaceful?