What about HS sports futility?

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Any places just really bad, and always been really bad?
I think back to HS and of Eagle Grove in football. Jesup was very bad too and I don't think there have been too many good years there.
This would be a good spot for the current North and Hoover.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Armstrong-Ringsted was always pretty bad ...

and I was going to say St Eds ... but apparently they're a dynasty now - who knew?

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Armstrong-Ringsted was always pretty bad ...

and I was going to say St Eds ... but apparently they're a dynasty now - who knew?

St Eds was horrible back in the 90's but have been very competitive since Tighe took over.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I think Independence has always sucked in football. Hard to know about other areas of the state then where I am from. You never hear about the teams that are just always bad.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Before Cedar Rapids Xavier there was Cedar Rapids Regis and LaSalle. I went to LaSalle and there was nothing they were good at for decades. Had a handful of decent individual wrestlers, but were a joke in everything else.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
The motto for the football team my junior year at DM East was "0 and 10 never again!" New coach came in my Senior year and turned the program around, but the motto speaks for its self

Reactions: Bartastic

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
North Central of Manly. I think they merged with Nora Springs/Rock Falls recently, but those guys sucked at everything it seems, except wrestling where they went with Northwood, for years. If there are any Corn Bowl conference folks on here, you've probably handed it to Manly before...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Davenport North has been in existence for 25 or so years, and has yet to ever make the state football playoffs. They have gone 6-3 twice (which most years would have qualified a school under old rules), but were passed over both times. I can think of only one other winning season at 5-4, the year after I graduated. Fortunately for them they've only ever got to go 4-5 to qualify under the new rules, but besides Davenport Central, Davenport West, and Clinton (most years), I can't imagine which 4 MAC teams those would be...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I went to Algona Public, and our football team won 4 games in the 4 years that I was there. Then, the year after I left they went to state, I think.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I went to Algona Public, and our football team won 4 games in the 4 years that I was there. Then, the year after I left they went to state, I think.

well I wasn't going to bring it up ...

they've had a few decent runs, I wouldn't call them futile.

tysforcy

Sep 3, 2008
Des Moines
In 2002(football) Saydel broke a 40 game losing streak to Clarke of Osceola, who was on an 18 game losing streak...is that futility? :jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron