Bungee Jumping Accident

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Wow, I wonder how shallow the water was? He must have hit it just perfectly and slid under the water.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I would assume the cord would snap when it is pulled.. meaning the jumper was close to the water anyway .. making the fall, not as far it would seem. Either way, pretty scary stuff.

-keep

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Article says the guy fell 25 feet into water. Granted, I'm not about ready to jump off the balcony of my condo right now, but a 25-foot fall in the grand scheme of things just isn't that big of a deal. Yeah, you could get hurt badly with that kind of a fall, but many years ago my sister took a similar fall (heightwise, not by bungee-jumping) off a cliff at Maquoketa Caves. She ended up with a compression fraction in one of her vertebrae.

Like I said, I'm not discounting his fall, because I wouldn't want to have to survive a 25-foot fall. Just saying that the only reason why this is even a story is because the guy was bungee-jumping. The fall itself isn't that spectacular.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Article says the guy fell 25 feet into water. Granted, I'm not about ready to jump off the balcony of my condo right now, but a 25-foot fall in the grand scheme of things just isn't that big of a deal. Yeah, you could get hurt badly with that kind of a fall, but many years ago my sister took a similar fall (heightwise, not by bungee-jumping) off a cliff at Maquoketa Caves. She ended up with a compression fraction in one of her vertebrae.

Like I said, I'm not discounting his fall, because I wouldn't want to have to survive a 25-foot fall. Just saying that the only reason why this is even a story is because the guy was bungee-jumping. The fall itself isn't that spectacular.
Is that like 3/4 or 7/8 but really squished together?