BANNED!!!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I could let you know what gets you banned for a week ...

While this site is very strict compared to many similar type of fan sites, in general it helps keeps things civil, albeit while squashing some poetic license. (I'm getting there mods) :biggrin:

Reactions: Angie

balken

Apr 14, 2006
What are all the things that get someone banned from CF?

1. Claiming N'Sync is better than NKOTB
  2. Using "TTFN" in any post
  3. More than ten "That's what she said..." posts in any 24-hour period.
  4. Using serif fonts.
  5. The inability to turn any given thread into a discussion about LE.
There are numerous others, but these are the main ones.

Reactions: dosry5 and cyQlone

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Asking a mod what his problem is. That brings out the

BanHammer.jpg

real quick!

Reactions: Aclone

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
  1. Claiming N'Sync is better than NKOTB
  2. Using "TTFN" in any post
  3. More than ten "That's what she said..." posts in any 24-hour period.
  4. Using serif fonts.
  5. The inability to turn any given thread into a discussion about LE.
There are numerous others, but these are the main ones.

:biglaugh:TFF:biglaugh:

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Everyone knows "That's what she said" posts are the most fun! Well if I cant say that anymore I guess Im stuck with "Thats what THEEEEYYYYY said!" :jimlad:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Exactly what identifying internet marks does a moderator ban - the IP addy; the Routers IP addy; the MAC address; the ISP Gateway ???

I thought a posters IP addy is usually a "dynamic" address (for cable & DSL ISPs), so doesn't the addy change every time you reboot the computer?

My guess is they ban the username, since that makes the most sense.

Banning IPs works fairly well too, since they do not change very often. IPs are indeed dynamic, but systems are pretty lazy and tend to assign the same IP to the same ethernet card over and over again. You'd have to ban entire blocks of IPs to ban an entire ISP. And since the majority of CF posters share only a few ISPs (would be my guess anyway), banning a whole ISP would be a bit draconian.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Everyone knows "That's what she said" posts are the most fun! Well if I cant say that anymore I guess Im stuck with "Thats what THEEEEYYYYY said!" :jimlad:

You should be fine. Even with the 10 per day limit, you may post "That's what she said" 3650 times per year. And in 2012 you get 4 bonus posts. What a year that will be.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
IPs are indeed dynamic, but systems are pretty lazy and tend to assign the same IP to the same ethernet card over and over again.

thanks for the explanation. I just ran an IP check on my computer, and it's the same IP addy when I ran it last week. So much for the ISP saying my IP addy is "Dynamic". the liars!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron