MLB.tv

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
What do you guys know about this? Is it worth it? And does it have great quality, and can you hook it to your tv?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
What do you guys know about this? Is it worth it? And does it have great quality, and can you hook it to your tv?

I had it all last year, great quality and you can hook your TV to it... Still subject to blackouts though... But I think there may be ways around it...

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
It is legit, and definitely worth it if your team is out of market. The quality is decent, I haven't tried the new higher definition version they have. If your TV has a monitor input, yes.

I listen to most of the Reds games w/ the Gameday Audio.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I had it all last year, great quality and you can hook your TV to it... Still subject to blackouts though... But I think there may be ways around it...

Reason I ask is because if you're trying to watch the Cubs (for example) and the ZIP code on your credit card is in what MLB has deemed Cubs territory, then you won't be able to watch the Cubs.

Yes, you read that right - even if you want to pay to watch a certain team play, MLB won't allow you to if you live in a certain area. For those of us that live in Iowa, that eliminates the Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Royals, and Cardinals.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Well I like to watch the Cubs, Braves, and Twins. I don't need it for the cubs because in CF we get comcast and wgn. I was thinking about it for the Braves.

And do you only buy this for one team, or do you get to watch other teams as well?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Reason I ask is because if you're trying to watch the Cubs (for example) and the ZIP code on your credit card is in what MLB has deemed Cubs territory, then you won't be able to watch the Cubs.

Yes, you read that right - even if you want to pay to watch a certain team play, MLB won't allow you to if you live in a certain area. For those of us that live in Iowa, that eliminates the Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Royals, and Cardinals.

Yup, my friend opened up a credit card just for MLB.tv, had it billed to a friend in Alaska and now he can watch any game at any time.

GriffClones

Dec 15, 2008
Altoona, IA
Well I like to watch the Cubs, Braves, and Twins. I don't need it for the cubs because in CF we get comcast and wgn. I was thinking about it for the Braves.

And do you only buy this for one team, or do you get to watch other teams as well?

My understanding is that you'll get every team is not blacked out in your area.

Help Support Us

Become a patron