Crazy $$$ house in West Des Moines

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I got a shed that's bigger than that.........

OKay my whole townhouse fits in that garage.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
If you noticed the kitchen... no appliances. I think for $3.9, I'd like the refrigerator to stay.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
This story is the economy in a nutshell. A large developer/home builder who made his money by selling properties to people who really couldn't afford them builds a house that is an obvious temple to greed. He can't afford it so he moves back into another house he owns that is probably really nice and sticks the banks(two of them) with the bill. The banks cry that they are broke and the taxpayers get to eat the balance of the loan so the next guy can "steal" the house from the bank.

Reactions: matmann22

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
What a dump. The garage is nicer than my livingroom.

I could do without the checkerboard floor in that garage.

Did the realtor really think it was necessary to add that little line about the most expensive house ever listed in Des Moines?

liquidinsanity

Oct 9, 2006
West Des Moines
This house is on my way to work. Its not in a very good location either. Just west of Jordan Creek Elementary, and the junior high school. If you're going to build a house like that, you'd think he would have done it outside of city limits. All in all the whole lot is ridiculus. The place has its own football field.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
IF I've got the story correct, the "owner" of this home is now living in Denver or Phoenix (bailed over a year ago), was a developer, and left a LOT of people high and dry - including two of my clients.

A smaller version of Regency, except he got out of Dodge.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
If you buy it quick the government will probably bail you out!!!

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
My Taurus would look great in that garage. Lots of room to store all my Quixtar products there.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
If you ever go to cap city game in the summer, this is the house that is across the street from that school. Jeff and I always made comments on how huge it was.