Ranked women's gymnastics loses to Iowa?

superman_101680

Oct 30, 2006
SW Michigan
A very bad loss, but if you look at their record, they have not won a meet this season. I realize the overall score matters most, but it still is disappointing.

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Pollard letting KJ Kindler go was a big gaffe. She was headstrong, but many great coaches are. It became an ego thing with Jamie. I realize there is almost no revenue in gymanstics, but it's still a good PR/image sport for the school if successful.
The program now is a shadow of what it was.

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
Pollard letting KJ Kindler go was a big gaffe. She was headstrong, but many great coaches are. It became an ego thing with Jamie. I realize there is almost no revenue in gymanstics, but it's still a good PR/image sport for the school if successful.

KJ Kindler should have been on the list of best looking female athletes at ISU, hopefully someone put her on that.

For letting her go, another Pollard error, I think this was his first coaching mistake with bigger ones to come. They were in the running for a NC in 06' if I remember, good idea to let her go Jamie.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago

I thought she was lured away? Jamie didn't fire her.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I thought she was lured away? Jamie didn't fire her.

I meant that to say that he let her get away to Oklahoma. All she wanted immediately was air conditioning installed to the Beyer Hall gymnastics facility, with other improvements in the next 5-10 years.
She was beating programs with facilities, and budgets, light years ahead of ISU.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Three more days and they meet again, in IC.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
I meant that to say that he let her get away to Oklahoma. All she wanted immediately was air conditioning installed to the Beyer Hall gymnastics facility, with other improvements in the next 5-10 years.
She was beating programs with facilities, and budgets, light years ahead of ISU.

$5 million to fire coaches who took us to bowl games and NCAA tournaments and replace them with coaches who have set new records for losing? No problem.

$5k to install air conditioning and keep the best gymnastics coach in the conference? No can do.

Another smart move by Pollard. :jimlad:

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
I was at the meet. Too many ISU girls fell off the beam and it hurt their scores a lot. The ISU team looked better on the other events I thought.

Side note - Jessa Hansen is a HOTTIE! She's a freshman for Iowa, trained at Chows with Shawn Johnson since they were little. She is also the daughter of Marc Hansen from the Register. Jessa is very talented and as a freshman is already competing in 3 of 4 events and scored really well! What made Jessa stand out was she looked more like a girl, rather than a burly manly thing with big muscles. She was more like a Nastia Liukin type..........very easy on the eyes.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
$5 million to fire coaches who took us to bowl games and NCAA tournaments and replace them with coaches who have set new records for losing? No problem.

$5k to install air conditioning and keep the best gymnastics coach in the conference? No can do.

Really? You managed to put a Pollard complaint in a gymnastics thread? Really?

Congrats to Iowa for a nice win.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa

When was the last time Jamie Pollard fired our gymnastics coach? This post has no room in this thread, go home