Vol's Kiffin accuses Gator's Meyer of cheating

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Boy is Lane making a splash. He is getting his name out there alot. I guess he is from the "any PR is good PR" school.

Last edited:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Wow, Tennessee alum and columnist Paul Finebaum is on Dan Patrick right now just RIPPING Lane Kiffin... Called him an infantile child, a "little kid in a crib jumping up and down for attention" that is way over his head and now has all of the SEC coaches after him. That he has no idea about being a head coach at any level, hired all the great recruiters and none of them have the first clue about coaching...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
He basically said that every coach in America cheats or bends the rules a little, but since Kiffin is calling all the other coaches (Meyer, Spurrier, Saban)out for things that are normally overlooked or not even rules violations that no SEC coach will hesitate to turn in Kiffin now... He certainly isn't making any friends...

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Phil Fulmer was the classic good ol boy SEC coach and now Tennesse has the polar oppisite. Lane going to get eatin up by the no nonsense, I want to win now..gentlemen to you in public, but ******** behind closed doors boosters.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Lane Kiffin is a fraud. It's pretty easy to be successful at USC these days. He is way over his head at Tennessee and they aren't going to let him spend millions every year on staff & recruiting if he can't win. This guy has proven nothing and got an NFL job and a load of cash from an SEC school.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Lane Kiffin is a fraud. It's pretty easy to be successful at USC these days. He is way over his head at Tennessee and they aren't going to let him spend millions every year on staff & recruiting if he can't win. This guy has proven nothing and got an NFL job and a load of cash from an SEC school.

I have to disagree - Tennessee made their bed with him. They knew his inexperience going in, and yet that didn't deter them from hiring him. You either give the guy every opportunity to succeed or you fire him now - there is no middle ground on this.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I guess I didn't realize the SEC had a copy of the rule book to tell Lane he was wrong.

Piggypen6

Dec 12, 2008
Florence, AL
This is why Fulmer never should have been fired. Kiffin just does not fit the bill for an SEC coach. To big of a sissy if he has to publicly complain because someone called a player, cry me a river, the SEC is competitive. I grew up a Tennessee fan but Kiffin is testing my faith in the team. Thank goodness I have the Cyclones to fill the void.