NIL in Women’s Basketball

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Lots of chat about NIL and what women are pulling down now. Here’s a good article that provides background and numbers. It’s all about star power both on the court and via social media.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
The social media followers aligns with ROI. It's not simply throwing dollars around at elite athletes when it comes to women's sports.

Conversely, the number of social media followers rarely enters the equation when it comes to FB, men's basketball

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Lots of chat about NIL and what women are pulling down now. Here’s a good article that provides background and numbers. It’s all about star power both on the court and via social media.

The most interesting NIL deal the Cavinder twins have is with the WWE. I believe the WWE views college athletes as a pipeline for potential future wrestlers.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I honestly don't know why some female athletes don't take advantage of onlyfans $$$$$$$$$$$

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
There's an LSU gymnast who has almost 4 million followers on IG -- and it's not because she's good at sports. That's how the NIL/social media game is played right now with regard to female athletes. Probably not for everyone, but that's the way it is.
Olivia Dunne is a talented gymnast - she was on youth USA National Teams and has scored over 9.9 in two different events at LSU. She’s famous for her looks and pursuit of Joe Burrow, but she is good at sports (and an academic All American).

This influencer game is fascinating. I have a niece at the University of Illinois who I wouldn’t consider a traditional beauty, but she gets paid to wear clothes and endorse products to her social media followers. Crazy world!!!